IGNORED

Jaguar Dream Library?

A Sprite

I always wished that The Need for Speed and Road Rash games were on the Jaguar. I also wish upgrades for some of the Core Design games from the Sega CD like Battlecorps, Thunderstrike and Jaguar XJ220 were ported to the Jag, and of course that an UNCORRUPTED version of Soul Star was available. Wing Commander series or the X-wing&Tie Fighter games. Ishar Trilogy from the Amiga&ST, but upgraded for the Jaguar. And Lotus trilogy from the Amiga&ST (the racing games), and the Crazy Cars games from the Amiga&ST too, All still done with sprites (pre-rendered), but in 16 or 24-bit color, and with roadways similair to Super Burnout's smooth rolling tracks, and both exterior and interior views. Though I'd also like one top-notch polygon racer for the Jaguar too, maybe something like Test-Drive and Test-Drive Off road, any one of the GOOD editions, as I know the Test-Drive series has had hits and misses. Last, but not least, updates of a bunch of the Atari classic like Gorf listed.

Edited by Gunstar

Honestly, the Jag would have faired so much better if Capcom had developed for it... Super Street Fighter II on the Jag would have blown the other ports (including the 3DO port) away. So many what if's it's irritating... Atari should have appealed more to the Japanese market, we could have had some interesting games.

Honestly, the Jag would have faired so much better if Capcom had developed for it... Super Street Fighter II on the Jag would have blown the other ports (including the 3DO port) away. So many what if's it's irritating... Atari should have appealed more to the Japanese market, we could have had some interesting games.

The problem was, Atari didn't appeal enough to ANY market; Japanese, North America, European...anywhere. We could have had a lot more interesting games from any and ALL of the markets. That being said, I doubt just having SSF2 on the Jag would have helped that much. Maybe getting Japanese games into the fray would have helped out, since the U.S. youth seems to be so utterly enthralled by any game that's Japanese, but I personally am GLAD there isn't any Japanese games on the system, it makes it unique in it's own way, and for the most part, I vrey much dislike Japanese games and animation, I'd much rather have North American and European gaming goodness, but of course, that's just my opinion and I am probably in the minority. Don't get me wrong, there are a few Japanese games and genres I like, and I do like SSF2, but for the most part I'm very disinterested, especially in JRPG's and anime (or what I call Japanimation).

EoTB exists for the Lynx,you can find one if your price is right!

I have never been able to persuade anyone with a copy of EoTB, even though this is the one title that I'd actually pay big $ for. :(

I don't quite understand why the ROM hoarders won't burn a few copies for interested parties, either. Surely $250 each for Phear and AvP CD would compensate for any actual loss in value of the original item?

Edited by davidcalgary29

The problem was, Atari didn't appeal enough to ANY market; Japanese, North America, European...anywhere. We could have had a lot more interesting games from any and ALL of the markets. That being said, I doubt just having SSF2 on the Jag would have helped that much. Maybe getting Japanese games into the fray would have helped out, since the U.S. youth seems to be so utterly enthralled by any game that's Japanese, but I personally am GLAD there isn't any Japanese games on the system, it makes it unique in it's own way, and for the most part, I vrey much dislike Japanese games and animation, I'd much rather have North American and European gaming goodness, but of course, that's just my opinion and I am probably in the minority. Don't get me wrong, there are a few Japanese games and genres I like, and I do like SSF2, but for the most part I'm very disinterested, especially in JRPG's and anime (or what I call Japanimation).

i think Atari really wanted to do it all the mselves,lol,very little 3rd party,lol...... :cool:

I have never been able to persuade anyone with a copy of EoTB, even though this is the one title that I'd actually pay big $ for. :(

I don't quite understand why the ROM hoarders won't burn a few copies for interested parties, either. Surely $250 each for Phear and AvP CD would compensate for any actual loss in value of the original item?

legal issues buddy!!! first off since Phear was liscensed to Nintendo as Tetrisphere....so it isnt likely it will ever be released..and AVP CD is doubtful,but possible i guess,if it was found......and if any of those were located im sure we are looking at much higher figures for them......big companies cant be bothered about us Jaguar fans :x

it's because there selfish... sharing is one thing that would benefit us all, and I don't see how a copy would deminish the value of a physical prototype.

legal issues buddy!!! first off since Phear was liscensed to Nintendo as Tetrisphere....so it isnt likely it will ever be released..and AVP CD is doubtful,but possible i guess,if it was found......and if any of those were located im sure we are looking at much higher figures for them......big companies cant be bothered about us Jaguar fans :x

I'm sure Nintendo could care less....

thats because only 30+ copies of EotB exist! :x ,most wont sell!!,but everybody has a price,lol....

im sure :(

thats because only 30+ copies of EotB exist! :x ,most wont sell!!,but everybody has a price,lol....

are you talking about a complete EotB or the demo thats been floating around?

thats why it pays to be sneaky <.< then act like you didn't know any better when caught lol

a demo??,humm know im confused buddy,lol...thought there was only one.. :?:

thats why it pays to be sneaky <.< then act like you didn't know any better when caught lol

tell that to Michael Vick,LOL.......

the beta rom image

the beta rom image

ohh,well EoTB isnt complete ,i though it was like 85% or something,which is the same as the rom image,yes???? i dont know the Lynx like i do the Jaguar buddy,lol...

the beta rom image

ohh,well EoTB isnt complete ,i though it was like 85% or something,which is the same as the rom image,yes???? i dont know the Lynx like i do the Jaguar buddy,lol...

your right there is a demo too.... :P

Checking back through some old video mags, I found a page on 'Legions of the Undead', by rebellion it had a few early screens shots, and a mention of Skyhammer but nothing on AVP CD!. I really don't think this would be out there, maybe a early aplha of legions who knows but not AVP CD.

The game I would see out on the Jag apart from the usual at the time (IS3, Quake, DOOM 2 etc) was Varuna's Forces it sounded pretty interesting to me, a bit more indepth that your usual shooter.

Keep meaning to get the early beta of Nick to see what its like. :)

the beta rom image

your right there is a demo too.... :P

EoTB has been confirmed to be 100% complete by a source that I trust. This is the full game, and not the playable demo that is widely available.

I can't comment on the playability of the game, although no one who owns a copy seems to be terribly excited about it. Given the fact that we have no reviews, even written under an alias, I wouldn't know where this ranks in the Lynx library.

Work was started on AvP CD (I have no information about AvP 2, a different game), and at least one person has hinted that he has a working copy of this game. AvP CD was supposed to be kick-ass, but I have no idea how complete the proto is.

its a pity that the people who say they have these protos won't share, even if they would do a video for Youtube or something like that just to see the game running, if AVP CD is real i would love to see the game running to see what difference the CD format made to it.

Rob

its a pity that the people who say they have these protos won't share, even if they would do a video for Youtube or something like that just to see the game running, if AVP CD is real i would love to see the game running to see what difference the CD format made to it.

Rob

One of the few comments that I recall about this version is that the Aliens are capable of climbing walls. The game also (supposedly) boasts better graphics than the original, and has a few other "surprises", too. I'm sure a thorough search on Jag Interactive II would bring up the relevant threads. :)

Rob

maybe their lying. If I had an increadibly rare proto I'd make sure people knew I really had it for gloating purposes <.< hah hah. Still.. it's a wonder why nothing has surfaced about it other then word of mouth.. it's a shame really.

Checking back through some old video mags, I found a page on 'Legions of the Undead', by rebellion it had a few early screens shots, and a mention of Skyhammer but nothing on AVP CD!. I really don't think this would be out there, maybe a early aplha of legions who knows but not AVP CD.

You should read this... ;)