IGNORED

I want to request a Dreamcast Subforum.

doctorclu

I see there is a lot of people here that have Dreamcasts, and in fact Atariage has some of the best Dreamcast support by members I've seen. At least very active and responsive.

If you need a moderator I step up to the plate. :)

I don't really think dreamcast would fit into the modern gaming section. While it isn't really old, it would probably be thrown in with classic's just because it has been discontinued in software.

Ok, see me in the classic forum...

Honestly, I think the DC was the best console ever. What a shame it's no more. I mean, the 2600 was great, don't get me wrong, but there was a lot of crap on that system, as there is in any system that was as popular as it was. Just like the NES and the PS2. But the DC really had a lot of excellent games, and actually very little crap.

Shame it went with the GD-ROM.......that's what killed it.

If GD-ROM can be taken to mean "Sony's lies and paid off reviewers following on the heels of the undersupported (in North America) Sega CD, the 32X, and the short life of the Saturn", then certainly I agree.

I see there is a lot of people here that have Dreamcasts, and in fact Atariage has some of the best Dreamcast support by members I've seen. At least very active and responsive.

If you need a moderator I step up to the plate. :)

That would be great. Maybe it will make people talk about it more. A couple weeks ago I got the sudden urge to get into playing my Dreamcast again. Lately I've been playing Sonic Adventure, D2, Star Wars Episode 1 Racer, and Expendable non stop.

If GD-ROM can be taken to mean "Sony's lies and paid off reviewers following on the heels of the undersupported (in North America) Sega CD, the 32X, and the short life of the Saturn", then certainly I agree.

I've heard those theories before, but I think such talk diminishes Sega's bad decision to go with a proprietary format, much the same way Nintendo did with the Gamecube.

I agree that a Dreamcast subforum is needed somewhere, because right now people post DC stuff in both the classic and modern forums based on where they think it belongs.

Me, I can't see the DC as a "classic" system. It's a CD based system with a modem, for cryin' out load, and it's not that old. I don't think it's passed into "classic" status yet. The Genesis? Yes. Sega CD? Yeah. But nothing newer than that, IMO.

But someone needs to make the call. Establishing a subforum would be a good way to do that.

i say a subforum isnt needed, as the first 9 pages i looked at all Dreamcast references are in the modern forum, and not one is in the classic forum

just keep posting DC stuff here

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...te=%2Bdreamcast

just make sure you put dreamcast in the title and or thread and not DC you cant search for DC

Edited by Lemmi

I dunno, why do we need 360, ps3, wii then?

I wouldn't mind seeing sub forums for other consoles as well.

Or, lets use a variation of Lord Helmet's idea from the other thread. But, instead of generation based SUBforums, use generation based main forums, and eliminate the existing classic/modern forum division altogether.

I dunno, why do we need 360, ps3, wii then?

I wouldn't mind seeing sub forums for other consoles as well.

Or, lets use a variation of Lord Helmet's idea from the other thread. But, instead of generation based SUBforums, use generation based main forums, and eliminate the existing classic/modern forum division altogether.

i think the formation of the 360/wii/ps3 were because they are brand new and when those subs were made there was alot of posts for all 3 systems about everything under the sun

the normal part is for DC/GC/PS2/Xbox and modern PC games (i think) :)

i dont want the classic forums to go anywhere as i visit that one way more then this one :P

and i dont want this forum to turn into a gamewinners style forum

just my 2 cents