IGNORED

I decided to close my ebay store!

Atarimania75

I have really got out of the selling mood right now.......so i closed up my ebay store. I am glad I did because i forgot when i signed up for the store that i got signed up for 2 other manager subscriptions that were being payed automatically through my paypal. If u ask me i don't think having an ebay store is worth it unless you have 24/7 to spend on it and thousands of products to sell. It doesn't mean i won't stick up a few games on auction as i still have an ebay account but just no longer a store. Anyway i just felt like announcing it.......I am not sure if its stress or what but i have been very low on energy lately. Anyway, a lot of you guys have been good friends to me and good people to deal with and i want to say thank you. I think this is a great site for collectors.

Shawn

Life changes things, and sometimes in a big hurry. We all sail our vessels, and we, the dreamers, follow where the river goes.

Any type of business can take a disproportionately large amount of your time. It's something that kind of slips up on you in a way, and then your days are gone before you even realize it. When I worked the apartments I live in, I found out really quick how much time can be sucked into something I was passionate about. Music is the same way--it can eat my time down to nothing. I collect games, but I don't play them as much as you might expect.

Thanks for supporting all of us Atari Addicts! :thumbsup:

As a buyer on ebay, I am about burned out on the work of buying as you are of the work of selling... :skull:

especially with the added costs thru PAYMORE, money order's, and the added cost of seller's fees added into the ultimate cost of the items. Not easy to wait for an auction to get near the end to snipe ;) & be sniped. :evil::x

It's fun to collect Atari, :D and eBay does make items available that would otherwise be very hard to find so... :roll:

I will continue to check my eMail for hits on the items I want :twisted: , but my money is not going to be spent as freely

from now on, never as much as I have this year for sure....

unless someone has a 1450XLD for a good price? :rolling:

Edited by Defender II

I've always dreaded dealing with eBay because I rarely get stuff in the condition it was advertised. Then you have to play the feedback hostage game. It IS nice to deal with people who I know are also members of AA though, since people here will usually tell you who the assholes are to avoid. :)

Since Paypal screwed up my account last year I've only bought 1 thing on eBay. I much prefer using the Marketplace here.

I never did the eBay store thing. Looking at the organization and cost, it never seemed worth it. It never seemed worth it. That being said, I pay for Vendio, which isn't so much a store as a listing assistant for me. I have always wanted an internet store, but nothing seemed worthwhile enough to bother. I say, good riddens, eBay is such an underprogressive behemoth, they don't deserve your store. If they had any competition, they would have to make the store features 10x better.

• 2 weeks later...

I have really got out of the selling mood right now.......so i closed up my ebay store. I am glad I did because i forgot when i signed up for the store that i got signed up for 2 other manager subscriptions that were being payed automatically through my paypal. If u ask me i don't think having an ebay store is worth it unless you have 24/7 to spend on it and thousands of products to sell. It doesn't mean i won't stick up a few games on auction as i still have an ebay account but just no longer a store. Anyway i just felt like announcing it.......I am not sure if its stress or what but i have been very low on energy lately. Anyway, a lot of you guys have been good friends to me and good people to deal with and i want to say thank you. I think this is a great site for collectors.

Shawn

Shawn, I am sorry to hear about the store closing and the hassle you are receiving from some eBay twits. This has happened to me and several other collectors/sellers also. Anyway, will you continue to make and sell carts here in the Atari Age Marketplace forums? I enjoy what I've purchased from you on eBay and appreciate what you've offered up in the past.

"Supporting all of us"? Are you kidding me? This guy is (or now 'was') a sniper and a reseller. I'm sure you're just being nice/polite here, but this guy was just taking your money - that's all.

See ya, dude. I'll really miss you sniping auctions from me then seeing them marked up and relisted two weeks later.

"Supporting all of us"? Are you kidding me? This guy is (or now 'was') a sniper and a reseller. I'm sure you're just being nice/polite here, but this guy was just taking your money - that's all.

See ya, dude. I'll really miss you sniping auctions from me then seeing them marked up and relisted two weeks later.

Hmmm...... If that is the case Good riddance! :x Glad your gone! :D If not, please refer to my previous comments. :roll::D

Please let me know your ebay user name on ebay and I will be sure not to purchase anything from you again. At least i bid on stuff honestly dude so i have no idea what your problem is. Some people ask for side deals and all that shit but i was honest and bid on your auctions and this is what i get? If you wanted to sell the item for a dollar less without my bid fine man. I really am beginning to feel like Rodney Dangerfield. I don't know i get all the people who like to come out and take everything out on me..........Whatever! Just make sure i know your ebay name.......because i don't want shit from you! Thanks!

Shawn

What is wrong with buying to resell? It's called business! What are you guys, a bunch of communists?

I agree, I have never had a problem with re sellers. I don't think it is a very profitable buisness anymore though, seems like way to many people are doing it to be able to find anything.....but then again look at Zeitshabba, he finds all kinds of rare stuff, probably since every one is concentrating on CIB these days a lot of the loose stuff is going un noticed. He's finding proto's and even a Xante for practically nothing....lucky guy :)

If whoever is in charge wants to lock this thread, go for it - makes no difference to me at all. This is like the elephant in the room that no one wants to address.

Some quick points before this inevitably gets shut down, and this said as a statement of my opinion and without malice. I've never met this AtariMania guy, I don't care do, but I have nothing against him personally.

Obviously this guy can do whatever he wants. I'm just not going to participate in this lame pity party because this guy has decided to stop sniping and reselling.

If you're an eBay reseller, I don't see that as a "business". That's just a vulture. Places like 'Trade N' Games' and Atari2600.com - those are real businesses. They have real websites and in some cases brick and mortar stores - I've bought from them before and will do in the future. They don't generate all their inventory by just sitting around sniping eBay auctions then relisting them on eBay (after, or course, posting on the message board here all sweetly "please check out my auctions".)

I've said it before and I'll say it again - an eBay reseller hanging around the AtariAge forums is like a used car saleman hanging around a classic car collector meeting. I'm not going to play patty-cake with them just to be nice. This is a collectors forum - for collectors, not for guys trying to take money from collectors by sniping auctions on eBay and then relisting them. I'd say 90% of whatever money they make come from people here. They profit from us. AtariAge would be much better without them.

"Can we please lock this now before it degrades to the typical "your a bad seller because you dont act how I want" threads? It's already got one such stupid responce which will only encourage more." If this keeps coming up over and over again, its clearly an issue with a lot of people. Its only "stupid" if you want to bury your head in the sand about it, which you seem to want to do.

That's fine with me. I'm just glad there's one less Atari sniper/reseller on eBay.

Places like 'Trade N' Games' and Atari2600.com - those are real businesses.

You do know that Joe (atari2600.com) aka. atarizona, outbids collectors all the time for new inventory, right? :ponder:

At least Shawn didn't take the items and mark them up 10x the amount he paid for them, like some other people.

I see absolutely no problem with reselling. If you are mad because he outbid you, make a higher bid. If you are mad that he is selling it for more than he bought it, don't buy it. If someone is willing to buy it from him for his price, then what is the problem. I have seen people bitching about resellers before, and I always thought it was a bit infantile.

I see absolutely no problem with reselling. If you are mad because he outbid you, make a higher bid. If you are mad that he is selling it for more than he bought it, don't buy it. If someone is willing to buy it from him for his price, then what is the problem. I have seen people bitching about resellers before, and I always thought it was a bit infantile.

No real problem, other then that some people choose to be like "Waaaa. It's all about me and what I want. Waaaa". :|

If you bid what it was worth because you really wanted it, YOU WOULDNT GET SNIPED.

EVERYONE snipes these days. Lil ole ladies are sniping. If you want something and dont want to get sniped, bid the correct amount. EVERYONE at one time or another is a Reseller/ Trader and just because you may trade your doubles instead of re-sell them, doesnt mean youre not going to want fair value and in many cases, OVER value and if you dont ask for fair value in trades, trade me some of your doubles please! If you have a Mangia, I have 2 combats and 3 pacmans all with different lables I could trade. 5 carts for 1, you cant go wrong! :P

Serioulsy, the whole re-selling , sniping business is ludicris and moot when everyone wants something as cheap as they can get their hands on it. Those are just the facts. If Im wrong, please trade me your rare doubles. Cheers

If you're an eBay reseller, I don't see that as a "business". That's just a vulture. Places like 'Trade N' Games' and Atari2600.com - those are real businesses. They have real websites and in some cases brick and mortar stores - I've bought from them before and will do in the future. They don't generate all their inventory by just sitting around sniping eBay auctions then relisting them on ebay.

Atarizona on ebay = www.atari2600.com and for your info i have bought tons from Atari2600.com and it didn't bother me to know that they paid less than what they were selling the stuff for. The only thing that mattered was that i had a choice if i wanted the items or not....and knew they would be in superb shape coming from this excellent seller.

Actually Atari2600.com has bought 1 or 2 items from me in the past also. I am sure because they keep records of sales on ebay they know i am a buyer and seller so I really have no clue what you have to bitch about. Its truly ridiculous and i think you could find something better to do with your time.

Edited by Atarimania75