IGNORED

Team Tap

Mr.JT

i've tried my team tap with a couple of games - white men cant jump and barkely suj but whoever has their controllers plugged into it gets their controls all messed up - e.g., pressing left on the joypad functions as pause etc... do i have a dodgy one? has anyone else ever had this problem?

Edited by Mr.JT

Hello!

i've tried my team tap with a couple of games - white men cant jump and barkely suj but whoever has their controllers plugged into it gets their controls all messed up - e.g., pressing left on the joypad functions as pause etc... do i have a dodgy one? has anyone else ever had this problem?

A Joypad attached to Port A of a Teamtap should work as if it was attached directly to the Jaguar.

Kind regards

Matthias

Never heard of this...

Are you sure that you've plugged the -Tap and the controllers in the correct ports/connectors, as described in the manual?

Yeah checked it hundreds of times!! I did notice the other day that someone produced a homebrew app to test the teamtap - which kind of implies some might have a fault?? Although I have no way of putting this program onto my jag...

• 13 years later...
On 8/12/2007 at 5:02 AM, Isgoed said:

The Team Tap is plug 'n play, and no adjustments have to be made in the game you play, so I think that your Team Tap is faulty.

Many many years on I finally got another team tap... and can confirm that the original (somehow??!) was faulty. New one works fine!  Thought I’d leave this here just in case it drives anyone else mad in the future! (Although perhaps I had the only fault team tap... it was like it was wired up wrong inside!?)

Could just be a bad power connection (Solder Joint or broken wire) to the 5V pins of the 74H244 or 74HC154.

Without a solid power supply they could be drawing power through the input pin, if they do that as the pins change state due to button press or controller row strobe the lose enough power for correct operation which results in either no or random output.

If you still have the defective one, want to investigate and have access to a multi-meter you might want try checking the voltages to those IC's, for U1 pin 24 is 5V, pin 12 is GND, for U2 pin 20 is 5V and pin 10 is GND. With the text in top of the device the correct way up and reading left to right they should be the top right and bottom left respectively.