IGNORED

Compuserve Classic - Still online..

jfalcon

I recently rediscovered that Compuserve is still running their text based environment under Compuserve "Classic". Anyone know what the current connection charges are and all that stuff? I do know you can access it via the internet by telnet to telnet://gateway.compuserve.com

What's neat is that the good old "GO PHONES" is still running.

From the User ID: type 77770,101

It will barf out ?? LOGSTU - System temporarily unavailable

Then just type "PHONES" without quotes at the next User ID: prompt.

Interesting. I wish I knew more about Compuserve. Sadly I didn't really get online until the dawn of the Internet era (94-95ish).

Tempest

Wow, man, that brings back memories. Amazing that it's still online!!! I also wish I still had an account I could play with..

..Al

Yeah, I might call over here in a few to the Australia tech support line (via VoIP) and see if it's all the same. According to the Indian tech I called stateside, it's all still pretty much there but he didn't quote me info because their "classic" department was having phone issues.

Wow, man, that brings back memories. Amazing that it's still online!!! I also wish I still had an account I could play with..

I might still have those Compuserve/Bix/Genie offers that came with old modems. Wonder if they are still valid :)

I wish I had saved some of those. Would be amazing if they still worked..

..Al

I might still have those Compuserve/Bix/Genie offers that came with old modems. Wonder if they are still valid :)

I wish I had saved some of those. Would be amazing if they still worked..

..Al

Heh. I missed out on Compuserve, but I (weirdly) read a thorough book on it, talking about all the CB Channels and all of that