IGNORED

Changing Video game history for the better...

I would be sure that SEGA,NEC,and ATARI were successful and be sure that they didnt make the mistakes that they did to in sure that they were still truly around in the marketplace.

Also i would be sure to prevent Mircosoft from entering the game business and make sure that Nintendo and Sony were partners as they had orignally planned to be.

And i would prevent the creation of the GTA series of games or at lest see much tight restrictions on how these games are advertised and sold.

I would make sure that Snatcher was the best selling game of all time so that there would be lots of sequals and spin offs for me to enjoy. Instead, all I can do is pull out my CDX every few months and enjoy one of the greatest games of all time...with a forever unresolved cliffhanger :(

Actually, the entrance of Microsoft and Sony as competitors was GOOD for the gaming industry. You always want competition, as it's what drives quality. To be honest, I don't think I'd change anything. The crash taught everyone a good lesson about the industry. I'd let things stand just as they are.

Atari. 7800. 1984. Supported. The end.

I'd make a few small tweaks to Maria while I was there. There are a few silly limitations which could be corrected with even a tiny bit of extra silicon. Adding about 8 more transistors to the TIA design in 1976 would be tempting, but that might be too radical.

I would be sure that SEGA,NEC,and ATARI were successful and be sure that they didnt make the mistakes that they did to in sure that they were still truly around in the marketplace.

Also i would be sure to prevent Mircosoft from entering the game business and make sure that Nintendo and Sony were partners as they had orignally planned to be.

And i would prevent the creation of the GTA series of games or at lest see much tight restrictions on how these games are advertised and sold.

Agreed. Also would make SNK make tons of aes carts so you would never have to pay 200$ for one a piece. Oh and fix the damn neo-cd 1x speed reader to 50!

Well, maybe ONE tiny change. Give the 7800 a better sound chip and better controllers! Of course, the 5200 could have benefitted from better controllers, too. Screw all that analog and numeric pad crapola, just make a decent stick with two buttons, as that's pretty much all that'll be required.

[...] Snatcher [...] ...with a forever unresolved cliffhanger :(

Que? What cliffhanger?

At the end, Gillian and Metal Gear go off to find the home base of the Snatchers. It was basically one big "to be continued..."!! Yeah, the main story of this game was resolved, but there should have been more!! Its such a tease!!

I would try to pull in massive amounts of cash and fit the Dreamcast with a DVD player. The massive amounts of cash would be used to make sure that Sega could undercut Sony and have the economical muscle to sell the DVD fitted Dreamcast cheap enough for everyone to afford it :)

/T

At the end, Gillian and Metal Gear go off to find the home base of the Snatchers.

Oh ... that. Well, on the bright side the Mega-CD version was at least more complete than the PC-88/MSX version. Aye, tag that in there; I'd go back and have the Snatcher story completed properly (and without the stupid censorship that happened to the PSX version). Heck, they could even do it now - what would a Snatcher game be like done with the MGS4 engine?

Atari would have snatched up the rights to the NES when Nintendo offered it to them.

I second that motion! Would we have the Atari Wii now?

I doubt it. Nintendo would have figured out they could drop Atari and make their own system, once they got their foot in the door.

But the NES had MASSIVE hype around it when it was released. I wonder if this still would have been the case if it would have said Atari on the box.

Edited by SINGLE TOOTH

I would send a letter to Atari saying " I am from the future. You must give the Atari ST at least 256 on screen colours, a 16mhz chip and anything but the yamaha sound chip...or you will be doomed, doomed forever!!!!"

or just pay the asking price for the Amiga chip set, cheapskate.

Edited by MRB

Not sure if this has already been said but tell Nolan to hold onto Atari and not sell it to Warner Brothers.

And like the other guy said Atari snatching up the rights to the NES.

I believe it would have done well even if it had the name Atari on the box. I belive as long as a console has the right kind of styling, and you do enough advertising and advertise in the right way, you can make things sell really well. Just look at the Wii, that has the Nintendo name on the box, yes, there's the novelty factor of the Wiimote, but I believe if they made it look in the same style as the Gamecube, and advertised as little and in the same way as they did with the Gamecube, it would've flopped.

Edited by Ross PK