IGNORED

WTB: Gorf Classic CD Atari Jaguar

Mika73

! was bidding with you! I stop around the same price! Good War!

Just glad I picked up this and Battlesphere when they were being released the first time around. That is all I have to say on that.

The other part of the problem is that they(Midway) wanted the source code and I was not about to

give that up. You should all just forget Jaguar Gorf unless Midway releases it. Even if they called me

today I would stil not release it. Im tired of charging $35 dollars for something I could have charge

a lot more, only to see a bunch of slimeballs profit off of it. The Jaguar is about to lose a developer

for good....3DSSS. We all three are quite tired of the BS.

1. What was the issue with giving up the source code?

2. " Im tired of charging $35 dollars for something I could have charge

a lot more, only to see a bunch of slimeballs profit off of it."

Isn't that a bit self-contradictory? What would you have optimally charged for a port of a not-too-famous arcade game on an unsuccessful, old console? If you were passionate about making games for the jaguar, you should have gone the route of an original game, not a game idea & name that is already been done & copyrighted. Of course, I doubt Midway has the Atari Jaguar high on its priority list to sell games for, considering its 2008.

For everyone needing their GORF fix, there's always MAME + the ROM itself. Price: free.

LOL! I hear you on the MAME and rom bit. The difference is it was a good step in the right direction for the Jaguar. Nice program, good code. Just loved it.

As for the source code, hey, it's his work. I would love to see the source just to see how it was done, but again, it is his work.

The other part of the problem is that they(Midway) wanted the source code and I was not about to

give that up. You should all just forget Jaguar Gorf unless Midway releases it. Even if they called me

today I would stil not release it. Im tired of charging $35 dollars for something I could have charge

a lot more, only to see a bunch of slimeballs profit off of it. The Jaguar is about to lose a developer

Welcome to the world of retail and later collectables. Retail sells it for so much, and collectors sell it for so much more. I saw Kenner go through this when the Star Wars figures werre being sold in 1997. The 1977 Star Wars figures 20 years later were worth so much, so when a new line was released, people HOARDED them.

Finally Kenner flooded the market with so many figures that the collectors value went to nothing. Truly awesome to see things in the hands of children who will enjoy the toy, than in the hands of collectors who will simply keep them locked away.

• 1 month later...

Hi Gorf,

I don't know if you felt pressure from people you consider friendly, to sell your game, your work at cost, for low/zero profit. But, you should never have even given a second thought to feeling any guilt for turning a big profit on your game for the Jaguar my man. If you did all/ or the majority of the work, it is not only your right, but your duty to turn a good profit from it. And anyone that was interested in the game should have been willing to pay a good amount for it, certainly I would have expected you to charge far more than a paltry $35 for that game. Even upwards of $70 would not have been out of the question IMHO, I had no problem giving Songbird $90 for Total Carnage. Even if the actual costs to produce weren't $90 for that game (which I have no clue), it is the producers benefit to gain a profit.

You can say you did it 'for the community' all you want, but without profit you won't go anywhere. Any community that isn't willing to give YOU something extra, something more than the simple cost of raw materials, they are not really your friends if you ask me.

Edited by Gunstarhero

And anyone that was interested in the game should have been willing to pay a good amount for it, certainly I would have expected you to charge far more than a paltry $35 for that game. Even upwards of $70 would not have been out of the question IMHO, I had no problem giving Songbird $90 for Total Carnage.

You're absolutely right about that!

My latest order from Songbird is: Protector SE, cost me also a nice $ I only hope that the game is not intercepted by customs, otherwise I have to wait longer for the game to arrive including some extra taxes for me to pay because I imported a high price game.

Oh well... Life is hard for a Jaguar console owner. ;)

You can say you did it 'for the community' all you want, but without profit you won't go anywhere. Any community that isn't willing to give YOU something extra, something more than the simple cost of raw materials, they are not really your friends if you ask me.

I appreciate the support. :D If only everyone saw things this way. :(

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...