IGNORED

Wonder if Batari Basic could be made for the 5200?

See topic.

There is already a 5200bas compiler for the Atari 5200, so there really isn't a need to make a 5200 batari Basic, but it should be doable-- also a 7800 batari Basic should be doable. Of course, they wouldn't be the same as 2600 batari Basic, since they have different capabilities, limitations, and programming requirements.

Michael

See topic.

There is already a 5200bas compiler for the Atari 5200, so there really isn't a need to make a 5200 batari Basic, but it should be doable-- also a 7800 batari Basic should be doable. Of course, they wouldn't be the same as 2600 batari Basic, since they have different capabilities, limitations, and programming requirements.

Michael

bB could be used to make 5200 or 7800 binaries without modification to the source code of the compiler itself, as right now it spits out valid 6502 code that will work on any 6502 machine. Of course all of the 2600-specific commands wouldn't be very useful, you'd need to create a new includesfile and several supporting headers and .asm libraries, and probably a bunch of functions, likely with inline asm, to do 5200 or 7800 stuff (which I know very little about.)

But the point is that bB's basic framework could support other 6502-based systems, at least in theory.

See topic.

Michael

bB could be used to make 5200 or 7800 binaries without modification to the source code of the compiler itself, as right now it spits out valid 6502 code that will work on any 6502 machine. Of course all of the 2600-specific commands wouldn't be very useful, you'd need to create a new includesfile and several supporting headers and .asm libraries, and probably a bunch of functions, likely with inline asm, to do 5200 or 7800 stuff (which I know very little about.)

But the point is that bB's basic framework could support other 6502-based systems, at least in theory.

Hi Batari

it would be great to see a special based Batari basic for the 7800 system...... :)

The 7800 community would be grateful for this.

greetings Walter

See topic.

Michael

Hi Batari

it would be great to see a special based Batari basic for the 7800 system...... :)

The 7800 community would be grateful for this.

greetings Walter

I also recommend someone to make a 7800 version. As I am trying to port Smurfs Rescue in Gargamel Castle

I will see what I can do to recreate BB to 7800 or/and 5200

OFFTOPIC: I wish someone ported Smurfs Rsscue in Gargamel's castle to Batari Basic.