IGNORED

HELP! Information on Red Sea Crossing?

nagn2

I'm afraid there's too little to see, nagn2.

Maybe a closer shot (with flash) could reveal more.

Could you tell me something more about the gameplay?

What are you suppose to do in the game?

Is it actually playable and does it feel 'finished'?

8)

I haven't played it at length. So far you basically jump or dodge hazards like clams, fish etc ( I guess you are try to cross the red sea safely). I will try to make a couple of movie shots and post them.

Agent & Address =

Steve Schustack

This book seems like another positive evidence. He was (is?) a programmer.

BTW: The name seems pretty uncommon. Could this be our man?

And this website links them both together. :)

The directory is the brainchild of Steve Schustack, computer-book author, former seminar instructor, and long-time computer programmer. Steve has been around boats and the water all of his life and enjoys boating, surfing, windsurfing, diving, and the beach, as often as his busy schedule allows.

Someone should contact him.

Edited by Thomas Jentzsch

Agent & Address =

Steve Schustack

This book seems like another positive evidence. He was (is?) a programmer.

BTW: The name seems pretty uncommon. Could this be our man?

And this website links them both together. :)

The directory is the brainchild of Steve Schustack, computer-book author, former seminar instructor, and long-time computer programmer. Steve has been around boats and the water all of his life and enjoys boating, surfing, windsurfing, diving, and the beach, as often as his busy schedule allows.

Someone should contact him.

I just called that number and talked to Steve Schustack. He did confirm it was his cartridge and is the only one he made. He asked me to call him back at a later date as he was in the middle of something. I will try to get more information from him then. I have to say this is exciting and I appriciate everyones help!

• Like 1

Wow! Looks like a we've found another independently published game like Birthday Mania. Everyones 2600 collection is now one cart short... :)

I'd send it to Al (who just happens to run this site). He's in OH and has the tools to dump this cart without damaging it.

Tempest

Well nagn2, you certainly got my attention.

If this turns out to be a hoax after all, I will apologize to the community, but for now:

http://atarimania.com/detail_soft-TYPE_COD...T_ID-15116.html

Congratulations with this Holy Grail!

8)

I just received a callback from Steve Schustack. I got a little more information. He said it was the only atari game he made but he thought he made a few hundred cartridges. He has no idea what happened to any them. He said I could contact him with any questions. If anyone has any questions please let me know and I will try to get an answer.

Well nagn2, you certainly got my attention.

If this turns out to be a hoax after all, I will apologize to the community, but for now:

http://atarimania.com/detail_soft-TYPE_COD...T_ID-15116.html

Congratulations with this Holy Grail!

8)

'nt

I just want to clarify again as I clicked on your post. When I first talked to Steve Schustack he didn't have time to talk and I asked him if this was the only game and he said yes. He has since called me back and clarified that he did not make any other games for the Atari but he did make a few hundred copies. He has no idea what happened to any of them.

Edited by nagn2

Thanks for the new info, nagn2!

I would very much like to know this:

What was Steve's idea behind the game?

Did he program it for a certain (religious) reason?

Was it supposed to be a children's only game?

Why this 'Crossing The Red Sea' idea?

Is it a complete game?

Does he still know/have the instuctions?

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

HOAX hands all over this one.

I offically eat my words, nice find!! :)

EDIT: ALSO DON'T SELL IT TO THE FIRST CLOWN THAT OFFERS YOU A COUPLE HUNDRED BUCKS FOR IT WHAT EVER YOU DO!!!

Don't listen to him. I'll give you $200. Probably only worth $5, but I'll give you a break.

Question:

So how do you see the innards if the screw is under the label? Remove label? Xray? Don't open?

Edited by SINGLE TOOTH

EDIT: ALSO DON'T SELL IT TO THE FIRST CLOWN THAT OFFERS YOU A COUPLE HUNDRED BUCKS FOR IT WHAT EVER YOU DO!!!

Any idea what this may be worth? Also are there any other questions I should ask when I speak with the creator of the game again? He was very nice and helpful in our last phone call but I am not sure what other relevant information a serious collector may want to know.

Edited by nagn2

Nice to see that your earlier assumption being wrong Shawn :D Damn this is something special. Someone should ask him if he knows anything about Birthday Mania. I know he said he only did this game but he may know who did do it? I too question how many other lost gems are still out there somewhere sitting in boxes in garages or attics waiting to once again see the light of day? Makes it worth my while regularly checking the boards ;)