IGNORED

Activision Anthology not working in Windows Vista

Chris-in-NJ

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know this is an old thread, but I figured I might as well post the solution to this issue: Simply go to Program Files->MumboJumbo->Activision Anthology Remix Edition. Double click on the aare icon. That did the trick for me.

i have vista 64 and just tried that and it works.thanks for the tip!

I know this is an old thread, but I figured I might as well post the solution to this issue: Simply go to Program Files->MumboJumbo->Activision Anthology Remix Edition. Double click on the aare icon. That did the trick for me.

i have vista 64 and just tried that and it works.thanks for the tip!

Damn, i just dug out my copy... i can't get mine to work under vista... now that i think of it,

I never got it to work in XP. I gotta keep trying!

-rick

EDIT: I've been looking for help all over the internet... can someone post

their setting? maybe it'll help me get mine running... thanks.

I really want to try this collection out!

Edited by Zeptari1

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...

Sorry to Necro this but while that works none of the preload options come up. So you can't set resolution or windowed mode or controller support. Still I only paid like 7 USD shipped for it MISB. But I like the interface and achievements and the like which is a thing Stella doesn't have. Even checking the .ini file doesn't seem to do the trick.

Sorry to Necro this but while that works none of the preload options come up. So you can't set resolution or windowed mode or controller support. Still I only paid like 7 USD shipped for it MISB. But I like the interface and achievements and the like which is a thing Stella doesn't have. Even checking the .ini file doesn't seem to do the trick.

Necro answer:

There's a seperate executable you run to configure things.

To change settings run the following file: startup_aa.exe

Although clicking "Start Game" from there won't work for me. I change the settings close out and then run the normal executable: aare.exe (with the disc ISO mounted)

Still works on Windows 10 64bit. I use an Atari joystick with an adapter and have no problems although the emulation seems slow in this compilation.