IGNORED

I am looking for a good AV/Coaxial game selector RF modulator

Howdy

I am looking to get my hands on some sort of game selector / RF modulator. I really dont know where to look or if this exists, so i need some help.

Most basically i would like a game selector that outputs to the red, yellow, white (composite i think) connector. The selector would have several composite inputs for my xbox and play station2. The selector would also have one or two coaxial inputs for my NES, SEGA, etc. I have a converter to get my atari to Coaxial so i guess i am ok there.

Ideally it would output in more than just composite, maybe HDMI or that six wire HD format. I dont know if i can use the six wire set up with the red, yellow, white set up, if so thats great. It would be great if it had 3 or 4 sets of the red, yellow, white wires, 3 or 4 coaxial inputs and even a couple of the old screw inputs like the 2600 uses

If there is some sort of converter that switches Coaxial to the red, yellow, white set up that would work too. I have heard this called a RF modulator, does anyone know of a good one? If it had a couple of coaxial inputs, that would be nice.

If all else fails, is there someone around that does atari 2600 mods so that it goes to the red, yellow, white set up. Maybe even a very explicit set of directions that someone with limited soldering experience could follow.

Thanks for your help

travelnjones

If there is some sort of converter that switches Coaxial to the red, yellow, white set up that would work too. I have heard this called a RF modulator, does anyone know of a good one? If it had a couple of coaxial inputs, that would be nice.

What you are looking for here is called a RF Demodulator. Unfortunatly, good luck finding one. There used to be a small market of these things a few years ago, but it dried up. Maybe you can come across one on ebay. Probably the easiest and cheapest solution is buy a few cheap broken VCR's from goodwill or something.