IGNORED

Super NES/FC twin question sorry its on this board

Howdy

I am hoping someone will know this random question. I never had a super nintendo but i just grabbed a FC twin clone. Did you need something special to save games on the Super Nintendo? When i try to save my game on the FC twin nothing is saved and and when i start the game up again my character is not in the list ( i am playing a link to the past). I was wondering i there is some sort of memory card i needed or if this was some sort of limitation to the FC twin or a problem with my unit.

Thanks for your help

SNES games all required Gamebit tool to open as the security screws were otherwise hard to get around. Once you get it open, if you're handy with soldering iron you can easily order a tabbed battery online and swap the old one in your game with a new one. While getting a plain vanilla battery from local stores may be cheaper, never try to solder wires or tabs to the battery as it may explode from th heat.

If you're not handy with the iron, you could bug someone in the forum to offer replacement but the cost of battery + shipping both way + labor may end up more than an used copy on eBay.

SNES games all required Gamebit tool to open as the security screws were otherwise hard to get around. Once you get it open, if you're handy with soldering iron you can easily order a tabbed battery online and swap the old one in your game with a new one. While getting a plain vanilla battery from local stores may be cheaper, never try to solder wires or tabs to the battery as it may explode from th heat.

If you're not handy with the iron, you could bug someone in the forum to offer replacement but the cost of battery + shipping both way + labor may end up more than an used copy on eBay.

I had a year of electronics in highschool, 16 years ago :(

Someone told me if you hold in the "reset" button while turning off the power your game will be saved. How true this I do not know. Give it a try and see what happens.

That has nothing to do with it...manuals for old NES games that used battery backup used to tell you to do that to avoid risk of shorting the battery and deleting a saved game, but in all my years I've never lost a saved game due to not holding reset down.