IGNORED

What gaming system do you mainly collect for?

What gaming system do you mainly collect for?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. What gaming system do you mainly collect for?

• Atari 2600
    • Atari 5200
    • Atari 7800
    • Atari Jaguar
    • NES
    • Super NES
    • Nintendo 64
    • Sega Master System
    • Sega Genesis
    • Sega Saturn
    • Playstation
    • Sega Dreamcast
    • Vectrex
    • Turbo Grafix 16
    • Phillips CDi
    • Xbox
    • Odyssey
    • Odyssey 2
    • newer generation system
    • Other system

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

For the systems listed, I'd mainly say Atari2600. It'sc ool. So why not? (while I buy far more games for the newer systems, next gens, and last gens, I'm not actively collectiong them, just buying new crap as I want more stuff to play)

But I sellected 'other' as I actually collect more for the gameboy (or any handheld system for that matter) than any console.

7800. Its small library and mostly easily available boxed games makes it not intimidating to collect for, while the new homebrews, new perephrials, and small list of prototypes makes it interesting. It's the only system I'm aiming at a fairly complete collection for.

Oddly, the Atari 5200. It's been the ONLY system I've been interested in for the past two months. There's just a lot of fond childhood memories associated with it, and besides, the games are just plain awesome! All the whiners like James Rolfe who complain about the controllers need to stop being so stingy and break out the bucks for some better ones. The Dreamcast controllers were craptastic too, but that didn't stop me from getting more than my money's worth out of the system. That's why game systems have controller ports... so you can choose your own joystick if the ones included with the unit don't satisfy you.

Right now i guess i'd say i mainly collect for the Genesis. I have big collections for several of my systems, but the 16-bit era is really my focus as of late. And really i have no specific preference for the Genesis vs. the SNES, the systems are only about ten games apart in my collection. It's just...i can be at a flea market table, where they'll have two copies of the same game-one for the Genesis and one for the SNES. The Genesis one can be complete and mint, while the SNES one is cart only and usually costs twice as much. So i buy the Genesis versions for now, and hopefully SNES stuff will level out a bit in price one of these days.

That being said, i also love the NES and the 2600, the supplies of those carts in the wild seem to have all but dried up in my area though.

Would be tough to say I suppose. I tend to pick up stuff regularly for all systems (of which I have a lot :) ) So going by the most games, I guess it would be the 2600 with 350-400 currently.

Hmm, though I guess by numbers it would be the PC with 500-600 games. But that doesn't feel right to say, and well the PC has an unfair life span advantage as a platform and isn't a 'gaming' system per se. :D

What I collect changes over time. Right now I'm on a TG-16 binge and getting a few games off eBay that I wanted but never got. A few months ago it would have been Atari 7800. Who knows what the next one be? maybe back to NES, or SMS? So in a way it's just about everything but one system at a time. Since preference changes over time like seasonal cycle, I can't vote above as there isn't a "multiple console" listed.

2600 for me. I used to collect anything and everything videogame related. That got a little out of hand, so now I concentrate mostly on "golden era" classic systems and games, with a primary focus on the 2600. I sold off all of my NES and Genesis stuff a while back, and used the cash to buy more 2600 games.

I have been thinking about starting a snes colleciton.

2600 for me. I used to collect anything and everything videogame related. That got a little out of hand, so now I concentrate mostly on "golden era" classic systems and games, with a primary focus on the 2600. I sold off all of my NES and Genesis stuff a while back, and used the cash to buy more 2600 games.

I have been thinking about starting a snes colleciton.

I'm doing the exact same thing. I don't have time for all my stuff and thought it was hampering my collecting, so I'm getting rid of it so I can focus on the 7800, 2600, Saturn, and Wii. I had a partially busted SNES that I gave away. Wish I'd known you were looking. I have a pile of games if you want to trade for them.