IGNORED

How much Atari do you play a week?

iguana

Sadly I do not get to play that often. having 2 kids inside of a year can do that to your gaming! Anyway I may get a game in here or there but not for extended times, say no more than 1 hr a week (that is even a bit high) how about you out there?

Unfortunately I spend a lot less time playing Atari than reading these stupid message boards! (Just kidding... you guys are great!)

Seriously, though... I guess I probably spend anywhere from 0 (that's right) to 4 or 5 hours in a given week. I'll play on average once or twice a week for a couple hours at a time. This includes both 2600 and 7800, and occasionally a little Intellivision, just to prove how much better the 2600 is!

I also play some computer games... usually Deimos Rising or Age of Empires II on my flat-panel iMac. :D

As it has always done over the past 20 years, it fluctuates. Sometimes I go years w/out touching the Atari, and other years it's the main thing I play. Currently however, I have been playing maybe an hour or two per week, trying out games I've never played (or never had) before via the Cuttle Cart.

The games that I do play with consistency suprisingly enough are the hacks! A better Pacman, Cybergoth Galaxian, seem to be taking up a good amount of Atari playing time. And I seem to be playing a lot of 2600 Mspacman as well. :roll:

Can't say that I've ever given much thought to it but I'd guess maybe 3-5 hours depending on the week. Mostly, I play Atari as a "quick fix" while I'm waiting around for something else (like dinner to get done); maybe 20 minuits at a time on average.

I wouldnt like to estimate the amount of time I spend playing Atari specifically but videogames in total I imagine will be in excess of 25 hours a week.

The amount of Atari could vary between anything from 2 - 15 hours, depending on whats hot in my sad little world at the time :)

Adam

I play about 20 hours per week and spend an additional 10-15 hours per week reviewing scores for the database and book of world records.  Yeah, I need a life too... :)

aahhhhh, someone else who shares the same burden as me.

Are you married to your videogames or do you have to cope with a Human wife as well? :)

Adam

Between the 10 games consoles I've got setup, it's hard to find much time to play any one thing. Usually there's some sort of trigger, like a new game, competition, request for review (my first two Peek-n-Poke reviews are up), or some sort of new accessory. I've been playing my Mega Drive quite a bit in the last few weeks -- since I got a Game Genie and Action Replay for it. Most recently I've been trying some SMS games, specifically because of the "which SMS games are good" (or whatever) thread on one of the forums here. I played NES Smash TV last night after finding a mains double-adapter to get one little gaming sub-section back up and running.

Chances are that I'll hookup a 7800 soon to try Karateka, given the absolute trashing its receiving in the 7800 forum and the fact that I have two copies and have played neither.

I'd say an average of an hour a week of Atari. Four hours a week on console gaming, total.

Chances are that I'll hookup a 7800 soon to try Karateka, given the absolute trashing its receiving in the 7800 forum and the fact that I have two copies and have played neither.

Well Karateka will add a good 5 minutes of Atari playing time to your week before you tire of it!

Well Karateka will add a good 5 minutes of Atari playing time to your week before you tire of it!

You're not wrong. Wow. It's like they had room for graphics or gameplay, but not both. (So, not much has changed in the industry then ;) )

Worst. Control. System. Ever.

And it didn't even mean that my 7800 got setup permanently. I only had to bung a couple of my 2600 carts in it to be reminded that the TV in that area can't sync to 60Hz.