IGNORED

4JAYS ANYONE?

opeygon

I've been thinkin about buying some stuff from 4jays. I've never bought from them and was wondering what kind of experiences some of you have had with them. I'll be checkin in from time to time today, but I think I'm gonna buy tonight so if any of you could give me some feedback today it would be very helpfull.

Edited by opeygon

I ordered from them a couple of times, and both times they left items out of my order. On both occasions we were able to get things straightened out and they shipped the missing items to me separately. Other than that, it seemed like they were slow to ship.

I have to admit it didn't inspire a lot of confidence.

I've had a few bad experiences with them. I was buying several items from them and asked for a discount. When they sent me a price it sounded good so I said okay. I didn't realize until later they had edited my list of games and it wasn't a deal at all. "Boxed" means the cart, the box and nothing else. I bought a Vectrex 3D game and it had no color wheel or manual. At CGE I bought what was supposed to be an empty Atari 5200 Bounty Bob Strikes Back box & manual. Turns out it was for Commodore 64 'cus the disk was still in there! Well the box is the same but the manual/poster had a sticker on it with the C64 instructions. If you are going to buy from them just be really careful and don't expect more than exactly what is stated.

y-bot

They dont ship to the UK unless you win something on e-bay :?

Not so!

I've dealt with them several times, and would recommend them to anyone, UK or otherwise.

Yeah, they don't let you automatically choose Canada either, but if you email them they'll place the order and tell you how much shipping will be.

4JAYS rules,i aquired a power supply for my INTV 2,which for me was impossible to find in the wild.They saved me ALOT of time and aggravation.Priced right,and delivered to here in CANADA lightning quick.

Edited by Rik

i got a 5200 from them. plus an extra re built controller and berzerk cart loose. i already have about ten or so 5200 carts that i've been grabbing here and there in the wild for the last six months or so. i cant wait to get it! i chose the three day delivery so it should be here by next friday, cause 4jays wont be open again till tuesday

At CGE I bought what was supposed to be an empty Atari 5200 Bounty Bob Strikes Back box & manual. Turns out it was for Commodore 64 'cus the disk was still in there! Well the box is the same but the manual/poster had a sticker on it with the C64 instructions. If you are going to buy from them just be really careful and don't expect more than exactly what is stated.

Wow, I almost bought that, but was never too into boxes. Did you try peeling the stickers off?

I drove up to their store in Antioch Ca a few times in the past, it's a fun trip.

At CGE I bought what was supposed to be an empty Atari 5200 Bounty Bob Strikes Back box & manual. Turns out it was for Commodore 64 'cus the disk was still in there! Well the box is the same but the manual/poster had a sticker on it with the C64 instructions. If you are going to buy from them just be really careful and don't expect more than exactly what is stated.

Wow, I almost bought that, but was never too into boxes. Did you try peeling the stickers off?

I drove up to their store in Antioch Ca a few times in the past, it's a fun trip.

Yeah, I got the sticker off without damaging the poster but it pissed me off that he misrepresented it. I think he had several of them at CGE.

y-bot

I tried to use them once back in June, ordered and paid for 2 CIB 2600 games...that weren't in stock, 4jays tried to stick me w/ loose ones for almost the same price, no f---in' way, got my money back, end of story. If you run an internet store and don't know your stock, I don't do business with you.

I bought from 4Jays several years ago, and they were decent. This was back when they only wanted $12 for Videocart #23 for Channel F (which I snagged from them). Although, I actually ordered and paid for the boxed copy, but they sent me the loose copy....the difference was only a dollar though, somewhat incredibly.

When corresponding with them, make sure your spam blocker is off, or you probably won't hear anything from them. Happened to me. :) I don't know what kind of email system they use, but they need to change it.

Their hardware prices are beyond absurd though. $85 for an Atari 5200 with 3 commons? $95 for an INTV III??? I hope they kiss you first!

the last time i bought from them was in 2001 when their website wasnt kept up to date (or they were changing websites or something) and alot of the stuff i wanted they didnt have anymore, thats the only problem ive had

but the stuff they had that i wanted i got in a reasonable time, mostly loose 2600 and coleco games