IGNORED

How many of you collect label variations?

lionrohrs

Ok I started out just collecting different games but as my collection grew I started holding on to the different label variations. Atari picture/text.....Atari/Sears...Froggo...Zellers...Beagle Bros.(just kidding :P ). Then I found I'm holding onto carts with different copywrights i.e. Pole Position 1982, 1983, 1988. Looking thru my carts to compile a trade list I noticed M-Network carts have a label variation with the country. I've seen U.S.A., Korea, Philipenes and Singapore. Not that these carts are rare or anything, I just can't seem to part with them. I think I may need therapy. :roll:

Haha! Yes, the M Network/INTV carts will drive you nuts if you want to collect minor label variations like that. While I do collect the different copyright years for games (especially those produced by Atari), I draw the line at the M Network labels. If you want to go even further with those, there are also several different cartridge styles. :)

However, I don't get more refined than the copyright year. If the ® (registered trademark) symbol is a touch bigger on one label versus another, that's fine, but I'm not going to collect two different carts on that tiny difference alone! :D

..Al

i remember seeing a sears version of a game and picking it up at a flea mall. my wife informs me that i have that game. i say yeah, but not the sears version. she gives me the look of death and says, "you're not going to start doing THAT are you?" end of variation collecting.

you're not going to start doing THAT are you?

I got the same comment from my wife when I was looking at the stack of boxed Tigervision games in my garage and wondering if I should keep the boxes.

As for label variations, I only keep a few. I've decided to limit my collection to 1000 games, all to be displayed in my upcoming "Atari Wall". Lots of labels would double the number of games I would need and take up too much space.

you're not going to start doing THAT are you?

I've decided to limit my collection to 1000 games, all to be displayed in my upcoming "Atari Wall". Lots of labels would double the number of games I would need and take up too much space.

"upcoming Atari Wall" , hehe I like the sound of that. I currently have to put up with an Atari Wardrobe but youve just given me an idea :idea:

Adam

I have only collected the more obvious label variations and I have been hooked into getting the sears carts(I recently got all the text label ones).I have not started to get any pirate label variations,mainly because I have not gotten into buying stuff internationally over ebay.Now if someone put up ebay auctions consisting of different copyright years of carts or all the variations of combat or vidio olympics, I'd bid on 'em...

I collect label variations if I find them. I don't generally buy games that I have just for the label variation.

I'm currently working on updating my list to show label variations.

As far as the other comments in this post about your other halfs' not understanding your collecting, I'm sorry for you, :sad: .

I'm very fortunute that my wife understands my collecting, besides with over 800 monsters around the house how can she argue.

Although we do collect the monsters as a team.