• Epyx
    • M Network
    • Parker Brothers
    • Sega
    • Spectravision
    • Xonox
    • Other

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I would have to say that without a doubt my favorite game company has to be Activision. Granted, the game play was rather predictable on many of their titles, but how can you argue with great titles like Grand Prix, Enduro, StarMaster, Kaboom! and Pitfall!?

jgegner

Atari without a doubt. The Atari is more fun when playing with someone and they made the best two player games. Some of the most fun head-to-head games are: Combat, Space War, Warlords, Grand Prix, Dodge 'Em, Slot Racers, Maze Craze, Outlaw and Video Olympics. There is no contest.

A far second would be Activision with games like Fishing Derby, Boxing, Ice Hockey, Freeway and Tennis. But in general, Activision's are just good for a quick fix, with the exception of games like Pitfall.

I also dig Imagic.

Atari without a doubt. The Atari is more fun when playing with someone and they made the best two player games. Some of the most fun head-to-head games are: Combat, Space War, Warlords, Grand Prix, Dodge 'Em, Slot Racers, Maze Craze, Outlaw and Video Olympics. There is no contest.

A far second would be Activision with games like Fishing Derby, Boxing, Ice Hockey, Freeway and Tennis. But in general, Activision's are just good for a quick fix, with the exception of games like Pitfall.

I also dig Imagic.

Grand Prix is Activision.

Atari here. I liked Activision games, too-- gee, awfully pretty games!-- but the sheer amount of Atari titles I play incessantly dwarfs the number of Activision titles I play incessantly. Lots of early classics (Adventure, Superman, Space Invaders), brilliant 2/4 player games (Video Olympics, Warlords, Indy 500), the GCC conversions, the majority of the silver and red label releases including some utterly fantastic arcade conversions, Quadrun, Solaris/Radar Lock/Super Football. Snoopy and the Red Baron! They made a Snoopy game!

(Frankly, once I got a sizeable CBS collection, those got more play than Activision titles. CBS games lack a certain visual polish, but they seem to hold a consistently high replay value, while Activision titles are hit and miss. For every Pressure Cooker, there's a Barnstorming.)