IGNORED

Thank Jack

Dolt

If you ever wanted to 'thank' Jack Tramiel for driving a stake through the heart of Atari back in the day, looks like here's your chance--just posted on CNN:

On Monday, the Computer History Museum in Mountain View, California, will celebrate the C64's 25th anniversary. Computer pioneers will reflect on the C64's achievements and contribution to the industry. Jack Tramiel, the founder and CEO of Commodore, will attend, along with Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak and William C. Lowe, father of the IBM PC.

I can just picture a blizzard of whipped cream pies, all arcing through the air in slow motion, as they fly towards the stage... :P

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11576

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=117685

If you ever wanted to 'thank' Jack Tramiel for driving a stake through the heart of Atari back in the day, looks like here's your chance--just posted on CNN:

On Monday, the Computer History Museum in Mountain View, California, will celebrate the C64's 25th anniversary. Computer pioneers will reflect on the C64's achievements and contribution to the industry. Jack Tramiel, the founder and CEO of Commodore, will attend, along with Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak and William C. Lowe, father of the IBM PC.

I can just picture a blizzard of whipped cream pies, all arcing through the air in slow motion, as they fly towards the stage... :P

Jack and the rest of his family were said to be GREEDY MISERS,who used ATARI as their own personal bank accounts.To be quite fair,they were no different than other GREEDY CEO'S,EXEC'S of their time,and even todays times as well.Having access to a companys millions will seduce and temp the most honest moral man,and turn him/her into a GREEDY CROOK,or a life of crime,ENRON anyone?

Edited by Rik

He may have made some mistakes, no doubt about that, but the guy is still a legend, and I sure hope no one would be serious about treating him with disrespect. He did some amazing things at Commodore and deserves respect regardless.

If i want to give any respect to JACK TRAMIEL,its for the fact that he WAS PUT THROUGH the NAZI CONCENTRATION CAMPS,AND SURVIVED,while the rest of his family were gassed,shot,etc.And for the fact he made something of himself and became a successful business man.I however dont like how he cheapened the quality of atari products.He was probably as good man outside of business.Maybe he was so cheap because ATARI was a sinking ship when he took over,and tried to save money,to keep it from going bankrupt,dont know exactly.Whenever reading about JACK,(in the MEDIA),its always negative stuff they say about him, guess you cant believe everything you read.

Edited by Rik

If i want to give any respect to JACK TRAMIEL,its for the fact that he WAS PUT THROUGH the NAZI CONCENTRATION CAMPS,AND SURVIVED,while the rest of his family were gassed,shot,etc.And for the fact he made something of himself and became a successful business man.I however dont like how he cheapened the quality of atari products.He was probably as good man outside of business.Maybe he was so cheap because ATARI was a sinking ship when he took over,and tried to save money,to keep it from going bankrupt,dont know exactly.Whenever reading about JACK,(in the MEDIA),its always negative stuff they say about him, guess you cant believe everything you read.

I feel like this is some cheesy RPG and those are the highlighted words I'm supposed to be paying attention to.

I feel like this is some cheesy RPG and those are the highlighted words I'm supposed to be paying attention to.

Not sure what you meant about that.If you read up on JACKS life like i did,you'd find there was alot more to him than his life as the man in charge of Atari,nothing cheesy about it.There is a small minority of people that wouldnt respect the fact that Jack is jewish and survived the concentration camps,thank god for that.

Edited by Rik

He means you've made several words all caps for some kind of unnecessary emphasis, as they do in some RPGs so you know which phrases to type or click or pay attention to.

Thanks Tom, exactly. I didn't mean any disrespect to Jack, just poking gentle fun at the style of the message.

Its all good. ;)I've never played RPG'S,so i didnt know what you meant by it.

Edited by Rik

To be fair, a person can make a cheesy RPG out of anything.