IGNORED

Who else is stoked about Space Duel, Asteroids Deluxe and B*nq?

Cousin Vinnie

I'm still looking for coders to translate the Centipede sources into Millipede, use the Desert Falcon engine to make a Zaxxon game and take the Galaga sources I have and make Galaxian and potentially Gorf as well...

Anyone interested, please PM me.

Lets keep the new 7800 development going strong!!!

Curt

Gorf can't be released on the 7800 unless it is a clone of the game. I am saying that because the cartridge or CD version Gorf for the Jaguar had to be stopped. There was copyright problems. The author of the Jaguar version wasn't able to get the okay from Midway to release the game.

I'm still looking for coders to translate the Centipede sources into Millipede, use the Desert Falcon engine to make a Zaxxon game and take the Galaga sources I have and make Galaxian and potentially Gorf as well...

Curt

I dunno. I'm a classic game fan as much as the next guy but the idea of yet another port of games I can play on MAME is a little underwhelming, albeit expedient. At least on the 2600 any coinop port has a kind of cubist quality to it that makes it its own. I think the 7800 could use some original titles.

Curt

hmm, I wouldn't mind a port of the 8-bit Gremlins game or Crystal Castles.

Vinnie, I'm stoked.

I hope the new games keep coming.

A big thanks to Atari Age for the three games this year!

I'd love to see some platformers, adventures, and platform adventures (like Miner 2049er, Montezuma's Revenge, Pharaoh's Curse, etc.)

The 7800 is lacking these types of games, although the arcade games are rocking (Pac-Man Collection, Centipede, Beef Drop, Asteroids, the three new games this December).

• 1 month later...
platform adventures (like Miner 2049er, Montezuma's Revenge, Pharaoh's Curse, etc.)

I'd love to see a 7800 Montezuma's Revenge myself. I LOVED that game as a kid. I'd also have a soft spot for:

1. A good tetris game

2. A conversion of Castlevania

3. A proper Double Dragon

4. Adventure III

Gorf can't be released on the 7800 unless it is a clone of the game. I am saying that because the cartridge or CD version Gorf for the Jaguar had to be stopped. There was copyright problems. The author of the Jaguar version wasn't able to get the okay from Midway to release the game.

I did start a Clone version of Gorf for the Jaguar. Midway was VERY concerned about the IP.

I was more responsible for killing the release than Midway was. But I would love to do a 7800

of Gorf.....

The new game could be called

Ferocious Attack Robots Tieraid

Or

FART....

Any other suggestions?

Edited by Gorf

i think that's really funny what with gorf stealing space invaders and galaxians as it does.

Midway officially licensed both of those games for Gorf and they

still have the exclusive home rights to this day.

Remember, Taito and Namco are the makers but Midway was the

importers of a lot of Taito and Midway titles. They have quite a

relationship even today.

I'm not interested in spending the money at this time, but where do you buy Pac-Man Collection for the date hopefully soon where I can? Was drooling over Asteroids, Space Duel, and Q-Bert, and Burgertime just now and noticed it wasn't there in AA's store with the others. Will Frogger be sold here if its finished too?

Edited by Atariboy

I'm not interested in spending the money at this time, but where do you buy Pac-Man Collection for the date hopefully soon where I can? Was drooling over Asteroids, Space Duel, and Q-Bert, and Burgertime just now and noticed it wasn't there at AA's store. Will Frogger be sold here if its finished too?

They are all in the store http://www.atariage.com/store/index.php?ma...;cPath=23_90_96

Don't forget that Burgertime=Beef Drop

As for Frogger, who knows?