IGNORED

Similar Games to Uncharted: Drakes Fortune

Antneed

I just finished Uncharted: Drakes Fortune for the PS3 and this is the first game my wife actually sat there watching me play and couldn't wait to see the ending. She was really into it and actually only wanted me to play when she was "helping" (more like observing) me!!

My question, any other suggestions on similar games for the PS2 or PS3 like Uncharted?

Of course I will try the Tomb Raider series with her, I have played and beat them in the past on the PS1.

I was never really into the PS2 so I am sure there should be some good games similar to Uncharted..

Suggestions?

Thanks!

Edited by Antneed

Ha! good one!!! I dont have the 2600 connected to the big screen...otherwise I would give it a try!

Hmm There's not a ton of games out on the PS3 right now that fit your request. One thing I've noticed is if you're looking for games your wife will enjoy watching it's going to be a hard call to make. My girlfriend does the same thing, however there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the ones she likes to watch. She would watch me play one story driven FPS and then I'd put in another and she'd say it was boring! I guess it just depends on what cut-scene happens to catch her fancy at the time. I'd say give BioShock a try, but unfortunately it's not out on PS3. You might consider trying out Eye of Judgement, then maybe your wife wouldn't just watch...but join in. My girlfriend loves it.

Well, Uncharted is a pretty unique game even though it uses a lot of familiar game mechanics. I'm going to guess that your wife appreciates adventure games that are driven by a good story. Maybe something with a cinematic feel. For the PS2, I can recommend:

Beyond Good & Evil

Indigo Prophecy (originally Fahrenheit)

Resident Evil 4

Silent Hill 2 or 3

Kingdom Hearts

Fatal Frame

Grand Theft Auto (people might think this isn't a girl's game, but my ex used to have fun with the sandbox stuff)

ICO

Shadow of the Colossus

Granted, not many of these games have the campy action feel of Uncharted (and certainly not many charming, clever male leads she can fantasize about later) but maybe she'll be open to other things.

I'm in the exact same boat as you when it comes to my wife watching/helping me play games. Uncharted was a good one along Tomb Raider Legend on Xbox 360, but that's on PS2 too. Those games are very similar. God of War I and II were among my wife's favorite games to watch me play. There's some puzzles in there and both have great cinematics with epic stories. She tries to hang with me on horror titles, but she gets scared to easily.

• 3 months later...

My wife isn't normally watching me playing games. But when i was playing resistance fall of men, for some reason she wanted to know how the story continued. And we both aren't horror fans but we really liked this game for some strange reason. I really never would have bought it if it didn't came as a packed in game for the ps3.