IGNORED

Atari 2600 New in Sealed Box *FOR PROMOTIONAL USE ONLY* SOLD ON EBAY! :-)

Atarimania75

Please pm me with your offer! :)

:lust: :lust: I don´t know how much sealed consoles are worth?!??!?

I really am not sure either......everyone that pm'd me is not offering anything they just keep asking me what i am looking for on it. I think maybe this is just something i should stick up for auction on ebay.

I'd expect more out of someone experienced in the scene. :)

A Buy It Now is no measure of the price of something - until it sells. There are tons of overpriced store items on eBay that just sit. Forever. It amazes me too because it does cost money to keep stuff up there, perhaps $7-$8/yr (I'm not up on fees) plus listing fees and final value fees. People just aren't that motivated to sell.

Anyway, a sealed console is a valuable item f'sure. It can be a risk to buy though as people reglue boxes or claim 'sealed' when it's just taped shut. Not that I would expect that out of you. I am interested because it's a reputable collector and an item I don't yet have. Then again I'm not a sealed item whore, so I'm probably out of the running unless I can get a good deal ($200?)

I'd expect more out of someone experienced in the scene. :)

A Buy It Now is no measure of the price of something - until it sells. There are tons of overpriced store items on eBay that just sit. Forever. It amazes me too because it does cost money to keep stuff up there, perhaps $7-$8/yr (I'm not up on fees) plus listing fees and final value fees. People just aren't that motivated to sell.

Anyway, a sealed console is a valuable item f'sure. It can be a risk to buy though as people reglue boxes or claim 'sealed' when it's just taped shut. Not that I would expect that out of you. I am interested because it's a reputable collector and an item I don't yet have. Then again I'm not a sealed item whore, so I'm probably out of the running unless I can get a good deal ($200?)

I think I am pretty much decided I will put this one up for auction. Since i really am not too sure myself what this should go for......I think it will be interesting to see what bidders determine the value is.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ATARI-2600-PROMOTIONAL...7QQcmdZViewItem

I was just trying to get an idea and I found this listing for an opened one.

Aaaaaah, it's crazy old nfarj! post-5874-1202175862.gif

I think putting it up for auction is the best way to go. If you'd like to get at least $200 for it, you might want to set that as a reserve (which might affect some of the bidding, but sometimes it's hard to tell).

Fair price, I'd say. Wonder if the buyer compared it to that open box one for $450? :ponder:

That is kind of what i was hoping. I know this buyer is a big hitter.......he dissapeared for a while but now he seems to be looking for more rare stuff. I never have gotten any response from him message wise .......he bought and paid immediately......so I have no complaints. :)