IGNORED

Who here in Atari Age has received the 7800 adapter from 8bit-domain?

phonedork

You know what would get me to buy this? A 7800 adaptor with two slots at the top and a switch. One for the 7800 cart slot, and the other for the 5200 cartridge.

I would plug in flash solutions to both, leave them plugged in, and have access to all 2600, 5200, and 7800 games. Wow that would rock. :)

Except Pitfall 2, which does not work with the Cuttle Cart 2.

And Bounty Bob Strikes Back, which doesn't work on the Atarimax 5200 flash cart.

But aside from those two... :P

Look up the 5200 Jr thread. You would only be missing Pitfall 2.

• 4 months later...

This is interesting.

*NOTICE*

8bitdomain has ceased operations as of

July 2009. Any outstanding backorders,

claims, refunds, etc will be resolved.

Send your info to claims@8bitdomain.com

This web site, email accounts, and all

other assets & intellectual property of

8bitdomain have been sold to a third party.

Check back here for any announcements

reguarding the future of any of 8bitdomain's products.

Perhaps someone here that actually received one can post pics of the insides and casing from this upgrade and perhaps someone can resume small scale production (after all not wishing to dis on 8bitdomain but it's basically an adapter that allows you to play 7800 games, so it's probably using OTS parts)...as i am sure there are some people on here that would'nt mind owning this little gadget

Edited by carmel_andrews

I'm the jackass that paid this clown 8bitdomain $150 in full for this adapter a year ago. I don't want to call him, I want to break his f*cking legs. :x

This is totally ridiculous and I think all his products should be pulled from this site and he should be banned from here. He is a thief, plain and simple. He has my money and I have jack shit. I think waiting 1 year is more than than being patient....

you should at least call him.....1 yr is no excuse but if you call him, it may help the situation a little.

Perhaps someone here that actually received one can post pics of the insides and casing from this upgrade and perhaps someone can resume small scale production (after all not wishing to dis on 8bitdomain but it's basically an adapter that allows you to play 7800 games, so it's probably using OTS parts)...as i am sure there are some people on here that would'nt mind owning this little gadget

Well Mr. Andrews, since you asked, here it is. I'm lucky to be one of the few that actually got one of these from Mike at 8Bitdomain. As far as duplicating the device on a small scale it would be quite an undertaking. The adapter uses a custom circuit board designed and copyrighted by Retrokidz. It also must work in conjunction with the 5200 A/V mod which was available from 8bit. If one could aquire a steady supply of these proprietary parts, along with a bunch of 7800 motherboards and 2600 adapters to part out, then they would have to be top hand with a soldering iron. Barring all of that, this device may be destined to be prototype rare.

Here are the pics of the insides etc.:

post-21471-1247830507_thumb.jpg, post-21471-1247830588_thumb.jpg

post-21471-1247829336_thumb.jpg, post-21471-1247829867_thumb.jpg

post-21471-1247830111_thumb.jpg, post-21471-1247830202_thumb.jpg

post-21471-1247830312_thumb.jpg, post-21471-1247830402_thumb.jpg

post-21471-1247830675_thumb.jpg, post-21471-1247830751_thumb.jpg

I was under the impression that the 52-78 adapter was just a modded 2600 adapter device (which if memory serves me right was made by atari, unless someone else made them as well)

Do you really need the 5200 audio/video mod, if it is necc. surely then it is also merely OTS products i would have thought

• 1 month later...

<a href="http://www.8bitdomain.com/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">This</a> is interesting.

<!--QuoteBegin-"8bitdomain.com"+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE ("8bitdomain.com")</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->*NOTICE*

8bitdomain has ceased operations as of

July 2009. Any outstanding backorders,

claims, refunds, etc will be resolved.

Send your info to claims@8bitdomain.com

This web site, email accounts, and all

other assets & intellectual property of

8bitdomain have been sold to a third party.

Check back here for any announcements

reguarding the future of any of 8bitdomain's products.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

WOW, I've just seen this the other day. I was going to get a 52-78 adapter when I seen all that Shit that went down I didn't bother.

• 1 month later...