IGNORED

Solitare card games for the Lynx

karri

so... Karri... What's the official title?

Lynx Solitaire

Solitaire

Karri's wild and Wonderful card games

;)

Just adding it to my database

I'm still partial to Solitari (or Solatari) but I'm silly like that!

Cool to hear it's finally coming to a proper cartridge release, especially all the work done on it (for me, playtesting and writing the manual).

Cheers,

Smeg

Lynx Solitaire

Solitaire

;)

Cool to hear it's finally coming to a proper cartridge release, especially all the work done on it (for me, playtesting and writing the manual).

Cheers,

Smeg

Smeg, you wrote the manual. What did you call it?

I think it was "Lynx Solitaire"

There is no name on the cart binary. Just a startup picture.

--

Karri

Happy New Year!

Lynx Solitaire

Solitaire

;)

Cheers,

Smeg

Smeg, you wrote the manual. What did you call it?

I think it was "Lynx Solitaire"

There is no name on the cart binary. Just a startup picture.

--

Karri

Happy New Year!

Actually, the manual begins with "Free Solitaire card games" so even the manual doesn't actually have a name. And for some reason, the PDF file is named "Wonderful."

It's your game, you gotta name it!

Or, of course, you could put it to the community... see if anyone can come up with a clever name (or at least more clever than Solitari.) ;)

Cheers,

Smeg

It's your game, you gotta name it!

Or, of course, you could put it to the community... see if anyone can come up with a clever name (or at least more clever than Solitari.) ;)

Cheers,

Smeg

This is really stupid. Usually I start with a great name (like Stardreamer) and never get to finish the code.

I believe that a plain "Solitaire" is best. This is a plain card game with no fun Atari additions. So it is best to keep the name as plain as the game itself. In this way I hope that people don't expect too much of the cart.

--

Regards,

Karri

• 2 weeks later...

Karri, maybe you can put some sort of mark on this cart? Or include something extra, a small bonus of some sort? Just something that would make this THE cart version of Solitaire and separate it from others.

Yes I know the game is "freeware", already available for download. But still there can be a special official cart version that has your endorsement, right? The box, Smegs manual, and Lynxmans great cartridge, all approved by Karri. You know....just like old NES-games, I think you should put your Karri "seal of quality" on this release ;)

Because it would be very sad seeing Lynx collectors instead buy this game from Ebay pirates like this: http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/153099-who-is-this-seller-with-a-ladybug-demo/ The same person that is selling pirated versions of Lemmings , Raiden etc. And from what I understand his cart is of poor quality too. There should be no reason for Lynx collectors to buy his crap.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Can't find the thread that mentioned a cart release aside from this one. I can't believe I forgot about this over the past few months. I replayed it on the PSP today after I went through my Lynx Checklist and saw this on there.

It is a GREAT time-waster!

Any news on it being released on cart soon?

Can't find the thread that mentioned a cart release aside from this one. I can't believe I forgot about this over the past few months. I replayed it on the PSP today after I went through my Lynx Checklist and saw this on there.

It is a GREAT time-waster!

Any news on it being released on cart soon?

its planed to release a cart version this summer. We inform you when its available.

Regards

Matthias

• 2 months later...