IGNORED

Gauntlet monitor problem

tenoch

My Gauntlet Monitors color red value is out. Do I need to buy a new monitor or is there a way to fix it?

Thanks anybody. :)

-h

Your red drive transistor (usually found on the neck board) is most likely out. You'll need the manual and schematics to find it for sure, then you'll need to test it to see if it's blown. It's best to actually remove the transistor and test it out of circuit. Also, check the neck board for any cold solder joints around the drive transistors. I recently fixed a Sega Indy 500 that had color problems due to cold solder joints.

Brian

You may also want to check the video cable that goes from the PCB to the monitor. I had a problem with some of my (non-Atari) cabinets with the connector being loose. With a mirror in front of the game so that I could see the monitor, I wiggled the cable and some colors went out. On one machine I was able to take the connector apart and fix it, and in the other I ended up replacing the connector.

You may also want to check the video cable that goes from the PCB to the monitor. I had a problem with some of my (non-Atari) cabinets with the connector being loose. With a mirror in front of the game so that I could see the monitor, I wiggled the cable and some colors went out. On one machine I was able to take the connector apart and fix it, and in the other I ended up replacing the connector.

That's a good suggestion. Sometimes, even the video connector pins on the chassis will have cold solder joints. This is a big issue with G07 monitors...