IGNORED

IMAGIC POSTERS ON EBAY TONITE THURSDAY ENDING

Joystick Jolter

Well I think you are safe with posters. I don't think he would do such a thing with a large color poster, but he did it with loaner cart docs.

Also remember when I posted this TCM image and he lost it over 150dpi 8x10 cause I removed the watermark?

I don't know about losing it, but I was a little upset and I'll tell you why. When I'm selling something like that and if memory

serves me the guy who bought it paid quite a bit, I'd like the person who bought it to have the right to say ok here's a good

copy of it for everyone to make a copy of.

Anthony

:roll: Nooo, You got all nutty cause you said it would take away from the price you could sell the poster for. Don't lie to try and make yourself out to be the goodguy, you where only worried about the sale price not making sure the community got a "good copy" of it or you would have sharedd "the good copy" yourself. :ponder:

Well I think you are safe with posters. I don't think he would do such a thing with a large color poster, but he did it with loaner cart docs.

Also remember when I posted this TCM image and he lost it over 150dpi 8x10 cause I removed the watermark?

I don't know about losing it, but I was a little upset and I'll tell you why. When I'm selling something like that and if memory

serves me the guy who bought it paid quite a bit, I'd like the person who bought it to have the right to say ok here's a good

copy of it for everyone to make a copy of.

Anthony

:roll: Nooo, You got all nutty cause you said it would take away from the price you could sell the poster for. Don't lie to try and make yourself out to be the goodguy, you where only worried about the sale price not making sure the community got a "good copy" of it or you would have sharedd "the good copy" yourself. :ponder:

Whatever you say...I don't want to make this 2 year old grudge you seem to have for me into World War 3. Let it drop, OK, I'm the bad

guy and you were just doing something nice. Good Luck and Good Health to you and may your collection grow by leaps and bounds.

Anthony

Stating the facts you know are true, and stating the facts you can prove are true, in a public forum, are two quite different things in court. :roll: :ponder: :x :D

I don't think anyone has any problem with me....

Except for the time you sold protos with documentation on ebay showing pictures of the actual paperwork you said was included and instead shipped photocopies. Several here were affected.

i do somewhat remember this problem, it happened a few years ago. it should be in an old thread here on AA. i forget what exactly was being auctioned off...

FYI Joystick Jolter, buyatari is a well respected collector and has been around here for many years, very honest and super friendly! :)

Rick

Rick,

I didn't say buyatari was good, bad or indifferent. I just stated the facts that I know are true. And I will say again a letter from a manufacturer to a reviewer would

rarely be a singly typed letter concerning a review copy. It was usually a copy of some kind. Whether done on some Xerox or printed up by a printer, it was what

it was. Just because they sent out a copy of a letter that does not mean that I sold anything fraudulently. If I said it contained the letter I received or it was a

letter concerning the release of a game, that's what it was. Let's remember if Atari, Activision, Imagic or any of the larger companies was sending out a couple of

hundred review copies they certainly weren't going to sit there and type an individual letter to each and every person. And technology was not like today when you

can have a computer spit out letters to people on a mailing list by just clicking a mouse. Now fine here's the problem I stated earlier. Buyatari is a well respected collector,

very honest and super friendly. He remembers this story about paperwork. Did it happen to him, did he see the copied paperwork and could see for himself that it was

something that I would have copied or did it look 20 years old. Or did someone just post it. How many times has someone posted on Atariage something that turned out

to be not the whole truth or just a bit of a slanted story. I'll say this CPUWIZ is very well respected member of the community here and he stated that you could trust

me. So now does that besmerch buyatari. Of course not, but it just goes to show you that people have opinions and that's all they are is opinions. An opinion is not fact.

And last but not least, let's just suppose it was a copy, how many proto's do

you know about that were bought with any kind of background paperwork. Most people buy a cartridge and that's it. No nothing else. I guess I've gone on a bit long here,

but when someone drops a little do do on you, you should stand up like a man and speak your peace. Oh yes I like to write as well. Was doing it about these games over

20 years ago and never thought I'd be doing it again now.

Thanks

Anthony

I don't think anyone has any problem with me....

Except for the time you sold protos with documentation on ebay showing pictures of the actual paperwork you said was included and instead shipped photocopies. Several here were affected.

i do somewhat remember this problem, it happened a few years ago. it should be in an old thread here on AA. i forget what exactly was being auctioned off...

FYI Joystick Jolter, buyatari is a well respected collector and has been around here for many years, very honest and super friendly! :)

Rick

It did indeed happen. He posted pictures of the auctual docs and stated that you were getting the real deal but then sent out photocopies instead.

A quick search and I found this post by FND.

read post #9

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11573

Now this isn't the case I was thinking of and I know more than one person was affected by this. I'd have to search my pms emails and the messages here to find the exact info but I have no doubt it happened and it happened to members of this forum. Was I one of them? No I wasn't. I was outbid on a few loaner carts with docs and when I found out copies were being sent out I didn't bid anymore.

I'm the bad guy and you were just doing something nice.

Finally! The truth! :D

Hey Shawn can you back off a minute so the thread doesn't get sidetracked?

Anyone else if you purchased a lab loaner with a picture of real documents and got a photocopy instead now is the time to let him know. He believes I am either making it up or mistaken. I am not one of the affected so everything I heard is just hearsay until you speak up for yourselves.

I'm the bad guy and you were just doing something nice.

Finally! The truth! :D

Hey Shawn can you back off a minute so the thread doesn't get sidetracked?

WTF? I brought up an issue, it was adressed and commented on. Your telling me to back off so it doesn't get sidetracked? Piss off. :roll:

Here is a link to the old topic about the paper work

old topic about paper work, see half way down first page

Mark O was one of the people who got photocopies instead of the originals from the eBay auctions. There was atleast one more person who emailed me back then. I'd have to dig it out.

FND did you ever get your Malagai paperwork?

The winners, should anyone bid on the 2 press release and picture packages I have on eBay

tonite, Saturday March 15th, will have them Priority Mailed to them as soon as they pay so they

can come on here and tell everyone what they're getting. I will give them back there money if

they get anything but what I say is there. The paperwork pictured is what they will get, nothing

less. NO COPIES, other than what I received, if that was the case. And in this case they are

nice clean, no yellowing, pieces of paper that looks like it came from a printer. Certainly not a

copy of any kind.

Anthony

PS: If anyone doesn't understand what happened in the case that's being talked about I'll try to

clear it up. It's actually very simple. I received 3 eproms/protos in one shipment with a letter from

Atari, which was supposed to be signed and returned, but I don't think anyone did it. I sold the 3

proto's seperately. I stated that since I only had one copy of the original letter for 3 games that I

would have to make copies of the letter for the other 2 games. It was stated in the ad just what was

happening. Let me also add this. The original was fading fast as it was a cheap Xerox copy, so a

copy was better as it was going to last. And also as far as the letter, it's not like it was signed by an

Atari exec where a signature might have been involved, it was just some Atari letterhead scribbled

on by somebody in the press department what was being sent to me. So what difference would there

be. The letter was just a provenance item. Not something that was attached to the game in any way.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think this whole thing is a lot about something that was done properly and not

anything done fraudulently. But that's my take. I've said already I wasn't going to post anymore about

this, but I wanted to say that if there is a winner I will ask them to come on and tell everyone exactly

what they received. Just to clear it up.

Anthony

Edited by Joystick Jolter