IGNORED

ATARI 2600 ROTJ EWOK GAME

jaymz887

Some Atari 2600 collectors have the wonderful ability to make these carts up. It is just a reproduction cart that somebody ( know doubt in this Atari Age community )made. If you search the forums you will find the Atari online label maker.Otherwise, it is just the cartridge shell of another Parker brothers game made into a repro

I wouldn't be able to call myself "the real red 5" unless I had that game!

post-5270-1204929978_thumb.jpg

The game Ewok Adventure is a prototype that was never released from Parker Bros.

You can read about it right here!

edit - cosmosis beat me to it...

Edited by therealred5

I'm the one that bought the Ewok game on Ebay. I am a big atari geek and I truly believe it's the real thing! And if not, I just care that I finished my star wars collection. icon_mrgreen.gif

The game was never officially released...there is no "real thing" except for the prototype. That cart you have (which is a custom-made reproduction) is the best you're going to get.

I'm the one that bought the Ewok game on Ebay. I am a big atari geek and I truly believe it's the real thing! And if not, I just care that I finished my star wars collection. :D

The game was never officially released...there is no "real thing" except for the protoype. That cart you have (which is a custom-made reproduction) is the best you're going to get.

Does everyone think it was worth the money? I heard people were buying these things for 1000 or even 2000 dollars. (I bought it for 93.00 dollars) Does it have a "set in stone" worth? :?: How much would other people payed for it?

Does everyone think it was worth the money? I heard people were buying these things for 1000 or even 2000 dollars.

A real prototype (which there are only a couple known to exist) would be worth that much.

(I bought it for 93.00 dollars) Does it have a "set in stone" worth? :?: How much would other people payed for it?

Whatever CPUWIZ was charging.

I'm the one that bought the Ewok game on Ebay. I am a big atari geek and I truly believe it's the real thing! And if not, I just care that I finished my star wars collection. :D

The game was never officially released...there is no "real thing" except for the protoype. That cart you have (which is a custom-made reproduction) is the best you're going to get.

Does everyone think it was worth the money? I heard people were buying these things for 1000 or even 2000 dollars. (I bought it for 93.00 dollars) Does it have a "set in stone" worth? :?: How much would other people payed for it?

I think you over paid.

But what do I know, ebay is the true marketplace value of most things, so I would say the current value is what you paid. Once more people see you can get $100 for it, the repros will hit the market and the value will get dragged down for sure.

the term "aftermarket" is code word for reproduction game. There are sellers that believe that is OK to use code words like this because they believe that everyone will understand that this means reproduction. Unfortunately what they fail to realize is that newer people in the market have no idea what they mean by that. I am truly sorry you believed that it was an actual prototype. :sad:

the term "aftermarket" is code word for reproduction game. There are sellers that believe that is OK to use code words like this because they believe that everyone will understand that this means reproduction.

The word 'aftermarket' is used to describe reproductions in every hobby imaginable. I can't imagine any collector not knowing the meaning of the term. If a collector ventures into collecting waters that they're unfamiliar with, it's the collectors job to do their homework before they start shelling out cash...that's just reality.

Edited by PingvinBlueJeans

the term "aftermarket" is code word for reproduction game. There are sellers that believe that is OK to use code words like this because they believe that everyone will understand that this means reproduction.

The word 'aftermarket' is used to describe reproductions in every hobby imaginable. I can't imagine any collector not knowing the meaning of the term. If a collector venures into collecting waters that they're unfamiliar with, it's the collectors job to do their homework before they start shelling out cash...that's just reality.

True there is a "Caveat Emptor" when buying products, but it is still sad to see when it happens.

The word 'aftermarket' is used to describe reproductions in every hobby imaginable. I can't imagine any collector not knowing the meaning of the term. If a collector venures into collecting waters that they're unfamiliar with, it's the collectors job to do their homework before they start shelling out cash...that's just reality.

I even asked him, Quote:

Is this a NTSC version? How did you get it? Thanks for your time!

His reply:

Dear atarimaster26,

Hello, yes i believe it is! ;-) I bought it about a year ago. Thank you for your question!

Shawn

Now, I know I'm not going to believe everything everyone says but I guess I was just caught up in all the excitement of maybe owning a copy... I did a little homework before I bid but I didn't have a lot of time to look. I noticed it on ebay shortly before it was going to end.. it was kinda a last minute decision. In the end though I'd say I'm pretty happy, you know? I can say I own all 5 star wars games .. I guess that's kinda cool.. :ponder:

Is this a NTSC version? How did you get it? Thanks for your time!

His reply:

Dear atarimaster26,

Hello, yes i believe it is! ;-) I bought it about a year ago. Thank you for your question!

You asked him if it was the NTSC version and he answered you. You asked him nothing else, so why would he say anything else? He'd assume you know what it is since it's stated clearly in the auction that it's an aftermarket cartridge.

I guess I was just caught up in all the excitement of maybe owning a copy...it was kinda a last minute decision.

That's the number one cause of buying mistakes.

In the end though I'd say I'm pretty happy, you know? I can say I own all 5 star wars games .. I guess that's kinda cool.. :ponder:

Considering the fact that a Hozer reproduction Quadrun (which was clearly marked as such) sold for a similar price recently, I think you paid a fair price. With this being an auction-style listing, obviously at least one other person thought it was worth that much. The seller didn't force you or anyone else to bid $100 for it. I don't see much of an issue here.

You have the best reproduction you're going to get. A real prototype would cost over $1000 and have a simple white label with hand-written or typed text on it.

Some Atari 2600 collectors have the wonderful ability to make these carts up. It is just a reproduction cart that somebody ( know doubt in this Atari Age community )made. If you search the forums you will find the Atari online label maker.Otherwise, it is just the cartridge shell of another Parker brothers game made into a repro

Where is the online label maker? I cant find any. :?: