IGNORED

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

iX NES Xi

It won't be too long before the nintendorks start to belive that sonic was created by nintendo.

Well, Nintendo DID invent video games. They'd be justified in taking credit for Sonic. :)

Oh my! Get ready to be flamed for that comment. :twisted:

Will it be...sarcastic flaming? :P

I never like to have a game delayed, but in my experience, when Nintendo delays a game it's always worth it. I can think of maybe one exception.

Personally, I still have yet to get Metroid 3. I still have yet to finish Metroid 2. I just have no idea how people can get a game and be "done" with in in three weeks, ready for the next one.

Can't hold out for Super Smash Bros. Brawl until February? Need a Brawler fix NOW? Well, Newgrounds Rumble for the Wii may be just what the doctor ordered. Read on for more details.

As some of you are probably aware, I haven't been around these parts much due to the efforts I've been putting into making the Wii Internet Channel a first-class homebrew platform. Well, now all that effort is starting to pay off.

Just in time to cover the gap between now and the release of Super Smash Bros. Brawl, comes Newgrounds Rumble for the Wii. Over 2 years in the making, the game took Newgrounds.com by storm when it was released in the Spring. Now thanks to the latest WiiCade API, it has been converted for play on the Wii Internet Channel. You can battle by yourself to earn endings and gold for unlockables, or bring up to three other friends into the game and see who can kick some serious butt! Need a reason to get four Wii Remotes? This is it. The ultimate Brawler short of Smash Brothers itself. (Some go as far as to argue that it's better!)

post-8100-1192596156_thumb.jpg post-8100-1192596178_thumb.jpg post-8100-1192596211_thumb.jpg post-8100-1192596231_thumb.jpg post-8100-1192596262_thumb.jpg post-8100-1192596543_thumb.jpg post-8100-1192596613_thumb.jpg post-8100-1192596632_thumb.jpg

(For those of you who are wondering, yes that's Alien Hominid. The

creator of Newgrounds Rumble is a friend of the Alien Hominid creator.)

PLAY NOW ON THE WII

And if that isn't enough to keep you and your friends busy, WiiCade has even more party games up its sleeve! Wiimote Wars 2 and Slipstream are both excellent multiplayer games that will keep you and your friends entertained for hours on end!

image1014-0944cvbs.thumbnail.jpgimage1014-1220cvbs.thumbnail.jpgimage1014-0943cvbs.thumbnail.jpgimage1014-1931cvbs4.thumbnail.jpgimage1014-0945cvbs.thumbnail.jpgimage1014-1220cvbs1.thumbnail.jpg

Enjoy!

EDIT: Almost forgot! Here are links to some Youtube videos of the game in action!

Edited by jbanes

I tired this out the other night. Aside from taking about 5min to load up fully...I did have some other odd issues. Namely I would be playing...or I would go back to change to a different character and all of a sudden, I would get an out of memory message showing up on my Wii. It would say something like "the content can't be shown due to an out of memory error". I also get this on other sites from time to time that contain alot of flash content. Wii-flow's Warbears will do this and requires me to have to reload it about 3x before it finally loads fully and will play.

Wonder if it is because I got only about 400blocks of memory left on the Wii?...Hmmm...

Edited by -^Cro§Bow^-

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This is basically a Word document that has information for unlocking items in SSBB. I hate having to go from computer to Wii, to read how to unlock stuff, so I copied and pasted the text into a word document and did some formatting to it, since printing the web page would not work so well.

This is for the lazy bastards like myself who usually are to lazy to do the formatting. It only took a couple minutes, but maybe someone could use it.

Since I already did it, maybe you don't have to.

I got this off of http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/supersmashbros/hints.html

I got mine 5 minutes before launch....... Oh Boy!

Blockbuster had a midnight launch so I stopped there to get it. Walmart usually never even sells the games right at midnight around here for some reason.

Enjoy.

BRAWL.doc

Does any one here have this game?

Let's trade friend codes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

BydoEmpire: 0860-2900-2482

LarcenTyler: 0989-1474-4787 -Note: PM when added

Single Tooth: 0817-3404-6387

Anyone try playing anonymously online? I could never connect to anyone. I wonder if Nintendo even has it ready to go.

I would like to play online, but if you don't play anonymously, you need to enter friend codes. The codes are different from the actual Wii code, so Post em here.

I'll put mine in when I access my Wii next.

Edited by SINGLE TOOTH

I got into one "with anyone" match my very first time connecting - about 12:30am last night. It ran at about 1 frame every 10 seconds - unplayable. I wasn't able to get into another match until 6:30 this afternoon, but that was with friends. FWIW, those were pretty good matches.

0860-2900-2482

Not really surprising at all. Pokemon Battle Revolution takes forever to find someone to battle against as well. And I won't even talk about Night Journey of Dreams when trying to invite or travel to someone elses dream world...ugh.

I can't really figure out why it takes soooo long to connect. But then, you can have the best internet connection in the world and still it takes what seems like forever to attach to the shopping channel.

This is why I don't mind paying a few bucks a month for Live.

Breakpack and I and another friend hooked up this past week-end and played 4 way Aigas Wing and Prey all night Friday night with my brother in Ohio with nary an issue hooking up (unless pressing a button to send an invite is an issue) or having to deal with latancy.

I was afraid that the Wii's online support was going to be weak. It takes time to build a stable, reliable network. Maybe next generation Nintendo will have a beefier network for gamers. (At which time it probably wont be free anymore) Why does the game require another code?

Edited by moycon

I was at Sam's Club of all places at midnight and scored it for $43.66 I believe. Not a bad price and I got there about 10 minutes till and I was out of there in about 15 minutes after they opened even though there was quite a few people ahead of me with only one register open.

I am yet to connect with anyone despite numerous attempts. Is it trying to connect with anyone in the world or only the USA (if you live in the USA)?

This is why I don't mind paying a few bucks a month for Live.
I like Live - it's a good system. But I've never been able to join a quick match in Bomberman Live, either. Nor have I EVER found anyone to play online with for Robotron or Joust. I think Nintendo just wasn't prepared for the opening week hit on their servers. If you believe the internets (i.e. gamefaqs boards), Nintendo is aware of and working on the server problems as MANY people are have problems with random matches.

I was able to play a bunch of matches w/ friends last night - it seems that lots of people are having trouble with random matches. If you believe the internets, it's server issues on Nintendo's side and they're working on it. I like how you've got 64 friend slots, but friends of friends can join matches - makes it a lot easier to get 4-player brawls going. It also shows you which one of your friends are online so you can joing their matches. Entering game-specific friend codes is ridiculous, but Brawl does about as good a job as they can do with it.