IGNORED

What classic gaming system do you take on trips?

What classic gaming system does everyone take with them on trips anywhere? Am going to go see my In-Laws for Easter and have for the first time decided to take some Atari 2600 games and my Columbia Home Arcade with me for something to do at there house.

I was wondering if anyone else ever takes anything older than a NES with them on trips to places just a fun little topic to post. :)

What classic gaming system does everyone take with them on trips anywhere? Am going to go see my In-Laws for Easter and have for the first time decided to take some Atari 2600 games and my Columbia Home Arcade with me for something to do at there house.

I was wondering if anyone else ever takes anything older than a NES with them on trips to places just a fun little topic to post. :)

The only one I ever take on trips is the Microvision because it's a handheld. :)

I am going to New York soon, so that and my Game Gear will be making the flight.

Yup. 2600 modded for av & 9v plus the portable dvd player and usually a box of homebrews. ;)

I would love a fully modded 7800 so I could take my CC2 and make it easier though. As for newer systems I occasionally used to take the Treamcast and do bring an SP since it played GB games especially Tetris.

* How could I have forgotten - I have also brought along the Nomad and Game Gear and one day would like a PSP so I would have something to try emulators on. ;)

Edited by Chickybaby

Hmm, well, mainly I take my GBA (actually, I take it just about everywhere, not just 'on trips') But, of all things, the last couple of times I stayed at friends' houses, I was asked to bring my N64, and all my games/controllers. Lots of Mario Party, Rampage, Goldeneye... with a good amount of alcoholic beverages :)

Good Times....

(Ack, sorry, you did say 'classic' system, didn't you?? Well, I haven't brought any classics yet... don't suppose a Dreamcast with Nester counts? I suppose I could bring a 2600 along, (I have enough of 'em :) But none of my friends are really into anything older than NES... Only person I know who's into the classic consoles is my dad, and he already has a 2600 and about 60 games....)

Edited by marcfrick2112

I've taken my Jaguar a few times (er...not so classic, but still, everybody loves doom) I always have my GBA with me, I'd probably take a DS, if it wasn't for the non backwards compatibility thing, the game I play the most, is Warlocked. Oh, and Tetris (the classic B/W one)

I have at one time taken a 2600, just for shits and giggles, but everybody was like "WTF is that?!?!" so uh...untill I make a portable one, I'll probably not do that anymore.

Game Boy Pocket, although I plan on getting a Game Gear for some games and portable TV!
Too bad that TV tuner will be worthless this time next year. :(

I don't go out of town too much, but I'd vote for the GBA-SP with a couple of flash cards. Playing GBA, Gameboy Color, NES, Sega MS, and Sega Gamegear games on one handheld is awesome. I'm even thinking of picking up a Micro now.

Game Boy Pocket, although I plan on getting a Game Gear for some games and portable TV!

I don't go out of town too much, but I'd vote for the GBA-SP with a couple of flash cards. Playing GBA, Gameboy Color, NES, Sega MS, and Sega Gamegear games on one handheld is awesome. I'm even thinking of picking up a Micro now.

Not where I live.

Besides, you can connect other consoles to the Tv Tuner :D.

Not where I live.

Besides, you can connect other consoles to the Tv Tuner :D.

I guess I didn't know that the GG TV tuner had RF in, cool.