IGNORED

Just bought 800xl- manuals needed...

TomVS

I was a C64-fan in the 80´s... But last week I bought an 800xl via Ebay... Great retro machine, only, it came without manuals... I am looking for really beginner stuff... Most C64 manuals are online in pdf format... Atari manuals seem difficult to find

I found http://www.atariarchives.org/ but does anyone know if pdf files of the original atari basis reference manual axist or the original 800xl manuals... Any help would be welcome the enter the world of my 'new' machine....

Yeah. I find it amazing that Atari would pack such cheesy and utterly useless material along with their computers. No memory map, technical specs, nothing. Just a few pages of spiffy photos of the computer you had laying right in front of you with a diagram to show you what the power on light meant. You got better documentation with a coffeemaker.

I was a C64-fan in the 80´s... But last week I bought an 800xl via Ebay... Great retro machine, only, it came without manuals... I am looking for really beginner stuff... Most C64 manuals are online in pdf format... Atari manuals seem difficult to find

I found http://www.atariarchives.org/ but does anyone know if pdf files of the original atari basis reference manual axist or the original 800xl manuals... Any help would be welcome the enter the world of my 'new' machine....

Best place to go is:

Atari Archives

There are also a few traders that still sell the original manuals if like to have the original paper copies. Try:

My Atari

and then there are the old magazine sites such as:

Page 6

Antic & Others

A.N.A.L.O.G.

Hope this helps ;)

Forgot to mention, Regarding PDFs there are not that many about. I cannot think of one site that holds them.

Looking at my hard disk I can find PDFs for:

• Mac65
  • Basic XL
  • Action! toolkit
  • Hardware Details of the Custom chips
  • Misc. Circuits of the 8 bit range

There may be a De Re Atari (8 bit Tech notes) out there in PDF but I do not have it.

Every thing else I use/have is either HTML or scans of the original document.