IGNORED

7800 homebrews-no longer in the store

littleman jack

I'm just guessing...but I suspect it has to do with an odd graphical bug that seems to be happening on these carts. I haven't ordered any of them myself as Beef Drop was the last 7800 homebrew I've ordered in awhile. But I've read about quite a few having some odd issues with these games.

Yes, what is the graphical bug or glitch that these games have had?

My Pac-Man Collection has graphical issues, but it is playable, and it is awesome.

The graphical issues are: the ghosts are alway blurry, and the "Get Ready!" that apears at the beginning of each board is so blurry that it is unreadable.

However, I do have one of the 7800s that couldn't run the game at all when it first came out. I sent mine back in, and Al sent me another cart that worked. And it is one of my favorite games, ever. It's really one of the best 7800 games of all time.

Edited by littleman jack

Yes, what is the graphical bug or glitch that these games have had?

My Pac-Man Collection has graphical issues, but it is playable, and it is awesome.

The graphical issues are: the ghosts are alway blurry, and the "Get Ready!" that apears at the beginning of each board is so blurry that it is unreadable.

However, I do have one of the 7800s that couldn't run the game at all when it first came out. I sent mine back in, and Al sent me another cart that worked. And it is one of my favorite games, ever. It's really one of the best 7800 games of all time.

Hmmm I'll have to check my PacMan out what is the glitch in the Beef Drop and is it the VE edition cuz thats the one i got?

I'm just guessing...but I suspect it has to do with an odd graphical bug that seems to be happening on these carts. I haven't ordered any of them myself as Beef Drop was the last 7800 homebrew I've ordered in awhile. But I've read about quite a few having some odd issues with these games.

No, this has nothing at all to do with graphical glitches or anything like that. The carts work perfectly for most everyone who received them--any problem carts that people brought to my attention were quickly exchanged and those were very few.

..Al

Hmmm I'll have to check my Pac-Man out. What is the glitch in the Beef Drop and is it the VE edition cuz thats the one i got?

Hello, there are NO problems with Beef Drop, either version. Beef Drop works perfectly with 100% of 7800s.

It was Pac-Man Collection that had issues, but only a few certain 7800s. However, as Al wrote in his response above, if you email him and send the cartridge back, he will tweek something and send you back a version that works. There are only a small number of 7800s that have problems with the cart, and after Al's input, the problems vanish.

I think it has something to do with the way certain 7800's circuitry was wired, and differences in how those special 7800s read roms. But once the alterations are made, the problems vanish.

Hopefully, the missing games will return in the near future. This is a great time to own a 7800, or 2600, with all the new games coming out of Atari Age.

Hmmm.... Now I'm curious myself. Did something happen?

BTW, what graphical bug? I've (and others) playtested these numerous times without an issue :?

Asteroids Delux has a garbled screen first when you turn it on, as does Bonq, and nothing at all displays first when you turn on Space Duel. This is only for people with the weird 7800s, like mine. I didn't bother to send mine back, because it's not a big deal. I plug in a game that does work first, leave the system for five minutes or play that game (usually Centipede, as games are so brief), then plug in one of the homebrew carts and they work fine. My Centipede score is improving and I don't have to be bothered with waiting for another cart. :)

Does anyone know what happened to the homebrews Asteroids Deluxe, Pac-Man Collection, & Space Duel in the store? Did they sell out, or get canned due to a stop order from Infogrames? Where'd they go? They were excellent games and made having a 7800 a lot nicer.

I own all of these games, and they all work fine and have had no glitches or issues. Al only puts out quality products.

No, this has nothing at all to do with graphical glitches or anything like that. The carts work perfectly for most everyone who received them--any problem carts that people brought to my attention were quickly exchanged and those were very few.

..Al

Al, are these going to be available again? Hoping to add some more to my collection.

Thanks!

I thought that too (especially since Albert didn't say WHY they were pulled), but there are others that would have similar issues but ARE still in the store. However...in the reviews sections (you can get to the customer reviews in a roundabout way), they say "sold out."

Edited by Dauber

I thought that too (especially since Albert didn't say WHY they were pulled), but there are others that would have similar issues but ARE still in the store. However...in the reviews sections (you can get to the customer reviews in a roundabout way), they say "sold out."

That's why when Pac Man Plus releases a new game, you get it quick. I thought Pac-Man collection! would have been pulled within days of being released. PMP does great work, and perhaps that's why his games are getting noticed.

Of course, that's all speculation and it's entirely possible that there is some other reason these carts are not in the store. Perhaps all of what's been made was sold at a show or event somewhere, or perhaps it's being saved for one.

I'm really thankful I bought both Asteroids Deluxe and Space Duel as soon as they were available.

I hope the store didn't get some sort of cease and desist,that'd possibly put a damper in future hacks. :(

I know AL just moved, but its really hard to reach him. Is he all alone in his endevor? Perhaps he needs a customer service rep to help with the store Q&A. Plenty of us have too much time on our hands.

the.golden.ax

• 3 weeks later...