IGNORED

Great atari setup from the early 80's pic

jhillestad

What do you figure that rig cost back in '83 ? I'm guessing about $3000 1983 dollars adjusted for inflation would be almost $6500 in today's dollars! Ahhhhhh the sweet digital divide ...... I remember in high school there was maybe 10 people I knew that actually owned a computer ... atari , apple or otherwise.... " War Boarding " was the best in the old days at 300 baud ..... With a rig like this guy had back then I bet he felt like NASA !

What do you figure that rig cost back in '83 ? I'm guessing about $3000 1983 dollars adjusted for inflation would be almost $6500 in today's dollars! Ahhhhhh the sweet digital divide ...... I remember in high school there was maybe 10 people I knew that actually owned a computer ... atari , apple or otherwise.... " War Boarding " was the best in the old days at 300 baud ..... With a rig like this guy had back then I bet he felt like NASA !

Back in 1984, I knew a 14-year-old kid with a similar setup. The moment I saw it, I nearly killed him on the spot. Nobody deserves to be that spoiled. At the time, all I could squeeze out of my parents was a pathetic 16K CoCo 2 and I could only use the TV when nobody else was watching something. Then I met a guy who had a 800XL and 1050 drive and thought he was a lucky bastard. But that was nothing compared to this other kid who had a 1200XL AND 800XL, two 1050 drives, 1027 printer, 1030 modem and his own 19" Sony TV!

That's when I cursed fate and swore vengeance on the universe. (...yeah, it's been 24 years, but my supervillain outfit is taking longer than expected to make - damn polystyrene muscles!)

Edited by Mr.Amiga500