IGNORED

Anyone try Battlezone?

Lord Helmet

I haven't tried this one out yet. I mean I pretty much know what to expect. I'll probably eventually wind up getting it.

I'm pretty sure Warlords is next on the list of Atari games coming to the 360. If it offers 4 way Live play, that could be a title to look forward to for sure.

I dismissed BZ because it has one of the worst previews of any XBLA game I've tried. One barely gets into the game and it quits after 3 tank kills. The demo doesn't show much IMHO. I am glad to hear that it is pretty good. I may have to get it. How does it compare to the PSP version?

-Lee

I just bought this game the other day.. I've always liked Battlezone. Remember people you have to use 2 joysticks to control or nothing :)

After a while of trying the dual joystick config, I changed it back to the single joystick method. I liked that better.

I HATE buzz bombs.

• 2 weeks later...

LOVE it.

The first time I played it I was not happy with the simulated arcade bezel border and thought they really F'ed it up by making the tank control with one analog. Then I discovered that this was only the default setting (silly but I guess meant to dumb it down for the casual player) and indeed twin-analogs are a control option. Once that was out of the way I got over the borders and then really got into the Evolved mode.

Very tough to get achievements though!

You're telling me? You easily dominate my friends list at this game as far as score goes, I bow before your BZ skills.

If you say achievements are tough, I have no hope of getting any!!

You're telling me? You easily dominate my friends list at this game as far as score goes, I bow before your BZ skills.

Gotta agree on that man.. holy crap. I usually like to try and take the top spot for classic games amongst my friends list.. but that score is nuts :lol:

Mind if I add you guys to my friends list by getting your names off of the gamertag list here and at DP? I like trying to beat scores for XBLA titles, though I'm sure I won't have a prayer of beating you guys in most stuff. :)

Most of the classic XBLA titles I own don't have more than 1-2 people on my friends list that own them, with just a few exceptions.

I'm LeoAmes17 if anyone wonders who the guy is that is adding them to their friends list.