IGNORED

New prototype found for Cabbage Patch

VonGuard

Try it in MEKA you'll see the option screen but you'll not be able to play... :ponder:

In VColeco you don't see the option screen but you can play the game...

So on the "real" thing... :?:

Were you able to play it or are you just going by the screenshot? I can't get it to open in VColeco, and I can't get past the title screen on real hardware. LMK if you know how as I want to play this! ;)

Try it in MEKA you'll see the option screen but you'll not be able to play... :ponder:

Were you able to play it or are you just going by the screenshot? I can't get it to open in VColeco, and I can't get past the title screen on real hardware. LMK if you know how as I want to play this! ;)

I'm able to play in Vcoleco, press 1 to 4 to choose skills level.... :)

I'm able to play in Vcoleco, press 1 to 4 to choose skills level.... :)

I can get it working in Vcoleco too. Looks like it's only the falling platform that is accessible. If you manage to get off the falling platform and exit then it just loops back to the start of the falling platform scene. There are also infinite lives, the lives countdown works but after 5 lives are gone you keep being resurrected after dying. This is a great start to a port of Dragon's Lair from the Adam to the CV. It's also interesting that the working scene has been changed from the Adam version. Instead of a wind cloud trying to blow you off the platform (Adam version) you have a tall beasty to kill who is standing on the platform (CV version).

Great find!!!!!

Ok so can someone summarize all the Colecovision protos that were found?

You mean a list of what was found?

- 2 different ROM revisions of Spy Hunter

- complete version of Video Hustler

- complete version of WarGames

- complete version of 2010: The Graphic Action Game

- a demo of The Sword and the Sorceror

- a demo of Dragon's Lair

- Monkey Academy w/ embedded debugger

- an incomplete Tapper ROM set (single EPROM from a larger batch)

- an incomplete "Jigsaw"? ROM set (single EPROM from a larger batch)

- a bunch of ADAM tools

- a bunch of ADAM tools

Ok that helps.

So Sword and the Sorcerer is a demo? Bah! I was hoping that one would be a complete version.

So how many screens does the prototype version of DL have?

Anyone dig into those two Spy Hunter protos? What about the Monkey Academy proto?

Could Jigsaw be Dr. Seuss' Fix-Up the Mix-Up Puzzler?

Tempest

Thanks. That was my programmer.

The best I've been able to manage is an EMP-31. And I never got its USB interface to work under Parallels.

I'm glad to hear everything read fine, and I'm really interested in turning a disassembler loose on Sword and Sorcerer to see if there's any unreachable code in there. But I have another little project that I'm working on right now.

Of course Tempest's head must've a-sploded with all those versions of the same game. It's one thing to find an undiscovered proto, but that many versions all at once is absolutely awesome.

Of course Tempest's head must've a-sploded with all those versions of the same game. It's one thing to find an undiscovered proto, but that many versions all at once is absolutely awesome.

Just about. I think the previous record was the seven different versions of GATO that Curt found a few years ago. Of course that was just plain torture, this was fun.

BTW I've been informed that the "spiders" are probably Dandelion Puffs. I'll change that in my review.

Tempest

- a bunch of ADAM tools

Agreed that this is a good start. Would be good to get a description of any visible differences to their released versions and I suppose ultimately to delve into the code to see how close they are to the final versions (does CloneSpy only work on Atari 2600 roms?). It would also be great to disassemble Sword and the Sorcerer and the Dragon's lair demo to see if there are any additional levels that can be unlocked (or not as the case may be).

Edited by Ikrananka

VonGuard, Many Thanks. You Rock!

Goes to show it doesn't take 2 years of "nonsense" to get a piece of 2600 history dumped, like in the case Turbo and Good Luck Charlie Brown . A real tragedy on those, my guess is most of us will have long since departed the mortal plane when they are finally (if ever) released.

Edited by JL

Goes to show it doesn't take 2 years of "nonsense" to get a piece of 2600 history dumped, like in the case Turbo and Good Luck Charlie Brown . A real tragedy on those, my guess is most of us will have long since departed the mortal plane when they are finally (if ever) released.
Yes, there is a slight difference in elapsed release-time between GLCB and CPK I must say.

Twelve years to be exact.

8)

Yes, there is a slight difference in elapsed release-time between GLCB and CPK I must say.

Twelve years to be exact.

It takes no time at all...it simply come down to whether or not the person wants to make an effort to release the material. The person who has that TCM proto has had it for 6-7 years now...it has been dumped, but they simply continue to hoard it and refuse to release it in any form - cart or binary. Simple as that. Unfortunately, there's not much you can do about it.

Dragon's Lair are not working on the real hardware :( ...

Someone is able to solve this, so we'll enjoy this proto on the "real thing" :D

I guess that clearly indicates this as being a proto then :D

Hmm - so as it works on Vcoleco I can only assume that Vcoleco's emulation is not 100%.