IGNORED

what is this item used for in the raiders of the lost ark?

coreysno

hi does anyone know what the item that is in the room that has the gold and onk and bridge what is that item for that is on the bottom of the screen that pops up sometimes you pick up the gold i dont need it to finnish the game i am just curious what it is and is used for

hi does anyone know what the item that is in the room that has the gold and onk and bridge what is that item for that is on the bottom of the screen that pops up sometimes you pick up the gold i dont need it to finnish the game i am just curious what it is and is used for

There's no bridge in Raiders, at least not an object. (There's a sort of bridge, or walkway, in the map room, but it isn't an item you can pick up.)

In the room you're referring to, there are (if I remember correctly) some gold, an ankh, the chai, and an hourglass. The ankh and hourglass can be used to go from mesa top to mesa top with a grappling hook and rope. I don't remember if the chai is useful for playing and winning the game, but it's used to help trigger at least one Easter egg. I imagine it's the chai you're referring to. I always thought it looks a little like the spout/nozzle of a gas pump! :)

Michael

This game scarred my brother and I for life, because our dad got so obsessed with beating it and getting the platform at the end as high as possible (and we'd heard you'd see the developer's signature of you got it high enough, still don't know if that's true). My dad is (or was) a very scary, angry man, and he'd seriously scare the crap out of us - we'd try to be out of the house entirely when he played. If he caught one of us he'd make that kid man the inventory controller during particular portions of the game and if you messed up (from shaking so bad usually) he'd go postal.

Yet regardless I still view Raiders as one of the finest games created for the A2600. :D A cart is on it's way thanks to eBay right now.

Anyways I remember when we figured out what the Chai did...a proud moment despite the abuse, lol.