IGNORED

Atari Lynx paint removal...

NixonTech2071

Has anyone tried (read:CAREFULLY) removing paint off the Lynx? I have, and you never believe what I saw Under the friggin undercoat... GREY PLASTIC!!! THE SAME COLOR OF THE PAINT!!! All I used was a Quarter and a Dull flathead screwdriver. It feels matte with all of the paint scratched off. (NOTE: paint removers CAN melt plastic)

So it was tough and I managed to get it off. (Please dont hate me) The smell of paint constantly bothers me. So thats why I removed it off the case.

All the Paint pretty much removed itself of of my Lynx I unit on the ends from playing it so much :)

It always bugged me that they actually painted the Lynx I--those damn cheap Tramiels :)

Yes, that is true for the PAG-0201 version of the Lynx I. The case is some sort of dark silver and then it was painted.

The PAG-0200 version instead is not painted, they used grey plastic to mold the case. This means even scratches do not appear.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...