IGNORED

HELP - What are Loaner Cartridges/Eprom (dated 1983)???

laterza@mindspring.com

I just found my "Old" Box of junk...and came across my Atari 5200 stuff. I do not have the system but found a bunch of games, Kangaroo, PacMan, "AtariLab Temperature Module AED80013" and a bunch of Loaner Cartridges from Prototype Lab-Consumer Division-Software Dept...

Can anyone tell me what they are - I remember playing them...and I remember who gave them to me - My Aunt worked for Atari - but not sure if this was here in Chicago -

Feel free to email or call me - laterza@mindspring.com

847-812-6279

post-2117-1029604732_thumb.jpg

I just found my "Old" Box of junk...and came across my Atari 5200 stuff. I do not have the system but found a bunch of games, Kangaroo, PacMan, "AtariLab Temperature Module AED80013" and a bunch of Loaner Cartridges from Prototype Lab-Consumer Division-Software Dept...

Can anyone tell me what they are - I remember playing them...and I remember who gave them to me - My Aunt worked for Atari - but not sure if this was here in Chicago -  

They are just worthless junk - just send them to me and I'll dispose of them properly! :lolblue:

Seriously, I think you just "struck gold". Don't jump on any offers before you have a chance to see ALL your options. There are collectors who are VERY interested in those, and you could make a fortune by selling them privately or on EBAY.

My fee for this consulting info is only 1 lab loaner cart. Thanks! :D

What games are they? The loaner carts were made to give to reviewers and testers on a temporary bases. Many of them never made it back to Atari. They are worth money so congrats. It would be cool if you could do an interview with your aunt to find out what she did at Atari. I'm sure a lot of people on this board would be interested.

Allan

I can give you some info on your prototypes:

Choplifter 02-29-84 - This is the final version. It is the same as the released game.

Pengo Eprom 08-08-83 - This is an early version of Pengo with a few game glitches left in it.

Baseball Eprom 07-28-83 - This is the final version. Same as the released game.

Pole Position Eprom Cartridge 133 - I'm not 100% sure about this one, but I believe it's the final version.

Tempest

Thanks Guys...I will be posting them on Ebay - I hoped to sell them on Ebay - but had no Idea that they might be worth more than the $5.00 I was thinking...

I could not find any on Ebay - so I guess I will be posting them tonight...

I honestly wish I still had ATARI in my HEART - but as of now...I do not...

Will make some lucky collector very Happy!!!

Check out my auctions - and thanks guys!!!

I'll keep everyone updated...and will try to reach my aunt...

http://cgi6.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?...&page=1&rows=25