IGNORED

Excite Truck

AtariJr

I love this game. i really do.. so much that its almost tied with zelda in play time.. what i really enjoy though is the music... my music. this is where im a bit po'ed. It says 100 songs in the instruction booklet.. but half my songs are repeats , one being for example "01 Pump it" and the next being "._01 Pump It". i only have 92 songs, and only about 50 are showing as i get repeats liek this all over the place.. whats going on? i saw someone ask this in a forum, but there was no answer. I have scowered the internet, and besides that forum.. everyone thinks its 100 songs. is this a software issue? or is it how im uploading the mp3's or what?? oh btw, if you take it into photo channel, i can hear all them just fine.. so its excite truck right? wth

im going to call the big N tomorrow.. see what the heck is up.. seems to be an issue, just one that many poeple i dont think have come across yet.

How do you upload songs to it? Do you upload to a SD card?

well yea.. see the slot under the front hood of the WIi with the red sync button? tahts the sd card slot.. i just upload it though an adaptor i bought for 10 bucks at best buy.

I called the big n today.. and well, they were stumped... they are actually fowarding the complaint to the developmental team themslves,and they are going to call me soon.. we'll see how this goes.

let me guess... you're using a mac. files starting with ._ are mac hidden files. You should be able to open the terminal (finder->utilities->terminal) and cd into your directory, like in DOS (usually your drive is in /Volumes/NAME_OF_DRIVE) and run the following command:

rm ._*

This will delete all hidden files.

let me guess... you're using a mac. files starting with ._ are mac hidden files. You should be able to open the terminal (finder->utilities->terminal) and cd into your directory, like in DOS (usually your drive is in /Volumes/NAME_OF_DRIVE) and run the following command:

rm ._*

This will delete all hidden files.

ok this is confusing.. this wil get rid of hidden files on the sdcard? ... lemme try to do this. ill post and see if it works..

nope.. this is what i get...

PowerBook:~] bensonda% /users/bensonda/desktop/volumes/Orion's Wii

tcsh: Unmatched '.

orion's wii is what the card is called.. am i doing this wrong? wrong directory?.. sorry.. but youd think this would be a common problem and they arent even aware of it.. please let me know what im doing wrong, its GREATLY appreciated...

Edited by AtariJr

best way i can find to alleviate this problem now is to take the songs into xp on my imac, reformat the sd drive , and put the songs on. macs use a system of hidden files on when you format an sd card, unfortunately nintendo didnt make thier software ignore it, instead if recognized it as a song.

apparently its ok to steal Apple's industrial design, but not ok to make it work with them -_-

Just when I thought I got a handle of what this game could throw at me, Diamond cup is unlocked iwth one track in it... "Nebula". It sounds as messed up as it is. Looks like everything went puple, ice crystals all over the place, blue grass, fish in the sky, crytals floating in space, and volcanic type of vents in the sides of the mountain.. dont forget 3 moons. Freakin awesome level once you get used to your new surroundings. Has anyone else unlocked the last level, or am I the only Excite Truck addict here>?

Just when I thought I got a handle of what this game could throw at me, Diamond cup is unlocked iwth one track in it... "Nebula". It sounds as messed up as it is. Looks like everything went puple, ice crystals all over the place, blue grass, fish in the sky, crytals floating in space, and volcanic type of vents in the sides of the mountain.. dont forget 3 moons. Freakin awesome level once you get used to your new surroundings. Has anyone else unlocked the last level, or am I the only Excite Truck addict here>?

I also just unlocked the level yesterday. I was doing good until the last lap. I took a couple of spills and landed in 5th place. I love this game though.

-mike

sorry bout the low quality, never looks good when its not in full screen mode. but you get the idea of what this level looks like.. btw, its pretty hard to race while doing picture commands lool.

ive only gotten A on this, not S...can get in 1st, but cant pull an S off. Ah well, ill unlock Mirror mode one day im sure. And a yea, great game, loving every minute of it

post-8862-1170265532_thumb.png post-8862-1170265615_thumb.pngpost-8862-1170265655_thumb.pngpost-8862-1170265721_thumb.png

Hidden files are actually files with a '.' in front of them. The underscore is superfluous. Also, before you delete anything always make sure of what you're deleting!!!!

Try these steps instead:

1. Type:

ls -l \.*

2. Make sure that there are no files in the listing that you know you want to keep. If it's an unknown file that starts with a '.', that's what we're looking to get rid of.

3. After verifying the files, type:

rm \.*

Note the use of the '\' character. This is to ensure that the '.' is treated as a '.' and not a special command.

Good luck! :)

ok, that was lik japanese to me... can you tell me where to go to look at what.. .and are we in OS X here or XP?

yea, i just deleted the hidden files, seems to work alright so far.. the evanescance (sp) songs arent loading for some reason, but i think that may be because of a file format issue or something, who knows.

Whats the S rating for?

They had the same thing in that game 99 Nights. You could get F, D, C, B, and A but the highest grade you could get was...S

Super?

Stupendous?

Shitty?

I dunno. I never did take the time to look it up. I just took it as the highest grade on 99N because it was made in Japan and they didn't know any better.

Cool level BTW. Trippy

Whats the S rating for?

They had the same thing in that game 99 Nights. You could get F, D, C, B, and A but the highest grade you could get was...S

Super?

Stupendous?

Shitty?

I dunno. I never did take the time to look it up. I just took it as the highest grade on 99N because it was made in Japan and they didn't know any better.

Cool level BTW. Trippy

yea, esp when you play through the whole game and you get that at the end, its very trippy.. still need to unlock mirror cup and liek 4 more trucks... definately is not a shallow racer. I just went to the local game store, they now have 7 copies of used GT Pro games, and I have yet to see a used Excite Truck there, so im assuming people are enjoying it as much as i am.

S is super. Basically B and A allow you to "pass" the course and unlock the next cup. But if you want to unclock the harder difficulty mode or the mirror cup, you need to beat everything with S rank. You acculate points inthe race. Technically you dont need 1st place to "pass" it most of the time. But you really need those 50 points you get for coming in first to get S. Sometimes youll encounter what i call the "major bitch" races. Where basically you can do well, get in 1st... and still only get a B or an A... Nebula is a bitch course. Most of the time now i can smoke my competition, get plenty of tree runs and truck slams.. but .. no S yet. but at least it has me playing the game a lot, i like a challenge. That is a porblem for me for most arcade racers is that they really are pretty easy or shallow, or like Hydro Thunder they are too hard for thier own good. But this seems to be a perfect balance.

Unlocked this level the other day and finally managed to get an A on it this morning. I'm amazed you managed to finish 1st on this course AtariJr - the best I've ever been able to manage is 4th! In the end I just concentrated on doing as many tricks as possible and getting home under the time limit and it finally paid off.

I can't see myself ever unlocking mirror mode, though. There are some courses I totally struggled to even get a B on, never mind an S.

It's a fantastic game though - one of the most pleasant surprises I've had in gaming for a long time.

I'm looking forward to this game, it's going to be released over here in the Netherlands in a few weeks time.

I've seen these steering wheel 'enclosures' for the Wii remote... Did any of you guys try in addition to the bare remote? I wonder if it adds to the realism and/or precision?

I've seen these steering wheel 'enclosures' for the Wii remote... Did any of you guys try in addition to the bare remote? I wonder if it adds to the realism and/or precision?

The only wheel I've seen available is Ubisoft's one, which I don't think is compatible with Excite Truck. With Ubisoft's games you hold the Wiimote with the buttons facing towards you, while with Excite Truck the Wiimote is held 'flat' with the buttons facing up.

I'm looking forward to this game, it's going to be released over here in the Netherlands in a few weeks time.

i dont have one of the enclosures, they are form the 2 racers from ubisoft.. and while the attachement might work well, those games are definately not worth 50 bukcs.. and ill wait for them to release a racer that isnt trash to get that attachement some day.

but honestly you dont really remmeber your holding a wiimote, you just get kinda lost in just steering.

btw Malc, i totally agree with you in it being a suprise.. i wanted it since before christmas, but i didnt think it would be so good. and yea, i play this game a lot, im pretty addicted, so im pretty good at getting in first on most courses. my problem is, no matter how many times i read that poorly written tutorial, i STILL cant understand how to do an air spin, i spin the wiimote everywhich way and i get jack. Do you know what to do? Anywho, I have an A on it now, if i can sitll get in 1st, with some added air spin points maybe S will be attainable.

oh and my advice, never give up on a race unless you can see the finish line in front of you with cars already past it. Ive found that many times i get in 1st place, the first lap im near or literally dead last. if you know what yoru doing you can recover from early mistakes.

Edited by AtariJr

...i STILL cant understand how to do an air spin, i spin the wiimote everywhich way and i get jack. Do you know what to do?

Yep, once you're airborne hold down button 1 and tilt the wiimote left and right. You don't need to go crazy, slow and steady works best I find. It can be a little hit and miss, especially when you're going for multiple spins. Sometimes the game registers that you've paused between spins and instead of crediting you with a 720 or 1080 it'll give you two or three 360s instead. It's well worth getting the hang of though, as pulling off a 1080 gets you 5 stars, plus you'll probably get 5 stars for the air and if there are rings you can get stars from them as well.

The huge drawbridge jump on one of the Scottish levels is a good place to practice it.

Here's a cool idea I thought of; downloading MP3s from other games and using them as a soundtrack. I put some tunes from Yoshi's Island and Mega Man 2 on my card and got to thinking how surreal it would be to play Excite Truck to the soundtrack of Mega Man 2 or Ninja Gaiden...

Here's a cool idea I thought of; downloading MP3s from other games and using them as a soundtrack. I put some tunes from Yoshi's Island and Mega Man 2 on my card and got to thinking how surreal it would be to play Excite Truck to the soundtrack of Mega Man 2 or Ninja Gaiden...

Put some Overclock Remixes on that bad boy!!!

:lust:

Thanks for the answers guys, you really made me want it more !

I'm particularly glad I'm not picking up an enclosure for nothing.

How cool can this be? Analog steering wheel precision and feeling without having to sit uncomfortably behind a wiry, getting-out-of-the-closet-and-looking-for-adapter-steeringwheel thingy!

Man, what ever can we expect for the future with this fabulous console!

Edited by dgo