IGNORED

Lost Jaguar protos?

retrogeek

I ordered Breakout 2000 from Telegames, 2 month ago I received this message from them: "Just to update you we are actually having more manufactured right now and these will be in stock shortly - within 10 - 20 days."

I don't get that. Telegames won't release any more of the Jaguar games they supposedly have because it's "not profitable", yet they keep managing to make more copies of the previous releases....

I ordered Breakout 2000 from Telegames, 2 month ago I received this message from them: "Just to update you we are actually having more manufactured right now and these will be in stock shortly - within 10 - 20 days."

I don't get that. Telegames won't release any more of the Jaguar games they supposedly have because it's "not profitable", yet they keep managing to make more copies of the previous releases....

It might be that they need to pay whomever programmed UBG if they release it and they won't make their money back on it. They've already paid the people for the other games, so making more just costs them a royalty or maybe nothing at all. But if they need to cough up say $10,000 to get UBG released then they'll never make their money back on it.

Tempest

It might be that they need to pay whomever programmed UBG if they release it and they won't make their money back on it. They've already paid the people for the other games, so making more just costs them a royalty or maybe nothing at all. But if they need to cough up say $10,000 to get UBG released then they'll never make their money back on it.

Tempest

I thought Telegames was sold to Direct4games,is that true? if so maybe they would have a change of heart for us fans?? :D id help raise $10,000 for UBG (Ultimate Brain Games) id sooo love to have that game on my Jaguar! :cool: Virtuoso is complete! and they had atleast 7 games close to completion. I believe Carl has even tried to help,but no luck. Maybe oneday.... :(

Tempest

I thought Telegames was sold to Direct4games,is that true? if so maybe they would have a change of heart for us fans?? :D id help raise $10,000 for UBG (Ultimate Brain Games) id sooo love to have that game on my Jaguar! :cool: Virtuoso is complete! and they had atleast 7 games close to completion. I believe Carl has even tried to help,but no luck. Maybe oneday.... :(

For $10,000... I'm betting you could hire someone to code a similar game in their spare time.

Tempest

For $10,000... I'm betting you could hire someone to code a similar game in their spare time.

probably ,but id like to convince Telegames to publish the rest of there games along with UBG. $10,000 is too much for a Jag game anyways. It would be hard to break even with a $10,000 price tag. :)

Tempest

Hehe, not with the curren toolset. Im betting most would run the other way still.

• 1 month later...
,braingames, [EDIT] the list is on JSII,however there were rumored to be almost 40 games in the works from Telegames....because a few of them didnt sell good enough they wont release anymore. :(

Braingames... I found this box picture... ultbrainew0.jpg

Think we'll never see that one released.

BTW, I ordered Breakout 2000 from Telegames, 2 month ago I received this message from them: "Just to update you we are actually having more manufactured right now and these will be in stock shortly - within 10 - 20 days."

I'm still waiting, and I think Songbird Production is also waiting for there back-order.

btw, Ultimate Brain Games was released by telegames for Gameboy Advanced.

http://www.telegames.com/ubg.htm

The quality of the conversion should be close to the never released Jaguar version.

,braingames, [EDIT] the list is on JSII,however there were rumored to be almost 40 games in the works from Telegames....because a few of them didnt sell good enough they wont release anymore. :(

Braingames... I found this box picture... ultbrainew0.jpg

Think we'll never see that one released.

BTW, I ordered Breakout 2000 from Telegames, 2 month ago I received this message from them: "Just to update you we are actually having more manufactured right now and these will be in stock shortly - within 10 - 20 days."

I'm still waiting, and I think Songbird Production is also waiting for there back-order.

btw, Ultimate Brain Games was released by telegames for Gameboy Advanced.

http://www.telegames.com/ubg.htm

The quality of the conversion should be close to the never released Jaguar version.

man id love to have Ultimate Brain Games on the Jaguar!! :(