IGNORED

OMG! DiCaprio to star as Nolan Bushnell!

Rich men like Bushnell may be smart in making money,but are dumb as shit protecting it,and losing it to divorce.It doesnt take much to pay a lawyer and get a cohibitive agreement compared to the money you can lose when you're mega rich and getting married.I think Paul McCartney could of learned a lesson here."No were too in love,and it doesnt feel right to do that"he said.His wife thought so too!Now she's laughing all the way to the bank with half his billion dollar fortune,DUMBASSES :dunce: .But,i raise my glass to the wives!They're the smart ones!

Edited by Rik

This movie is a give me! I am so happy when I read the announcement on this! This can EASILY be turmed into a movie ( and should have been done a long time ago). If no one knows how and why. Please watch the DVD "Once upon Atari". You could simply do a movie JUST on the work environment. Then adding in how they got paid, pushing cartridges out the door, programming the games, employees jumping the ship to make 3rd party games, etc etc... Not only can you make a movie from this, they wont even fit everything in! For the younger generation that wasnt around during this era, do yourself a favor, watch "Once upon Atari". You will see what I am talking about.

I've never heard of "Once Upon Atari"...thanks for letting us know about this documentary! It's just what I have been looking for. I'll pick up the series and let you know what I think. I'm a huge Atari fan, and have been wanting to read/watch a documentary about the company.

Leonardo Dicaprio is such the wrong choice for the part, its just unbelievable.

Take Will Farrell - die his hair dark, put a beard on him and viola - a young Bushnell. Get the sidekick from Tim Allen's Tool Time and you've got Al Alcorn. Too bad Ted Knight has long since passed away, he might've made a good fit for Joe Keenan. If Ed McMann wasn't so fat, he'd make a good Ray Kassar.

Curt

Originally reported by Variety, it's also appeared on Aint It Cool News.

I think this will be more like Pirates of Silicon Valley and/or The Aviator than The Wizard (which wasn't a story, but a 90-minute ad for Nintendo.)

A Nolen Bushnell movie to open in Theaters?,i HIGHLY DOUBT that.More like it will go straight to video store rental in the crap B movie section.No one will line up to go see that except for a bunch of middle aged classic gaming buffs.Nothing wrong with that,I'd be one of them,but i just cant see it making money,or drawing much interest.

Edited by Rik

I'm sure this will be awesome! Leo is one of my favourite actors, he doesn't often get involved with crap movies.

That's what they said about Kevin Costner before The Postman and Waterworld...

You could pretty much fill in the blank with that one.....Kevin Costner, Patrick Swayze with anything after Ghost, John Travolta in the 80's or most movies of his since Pulp fiction, anybody remember C. Thomas Howell? It can happen to any actor, including Leo.

Edited by wgungfu

I'm sure this will be awesome! Leo is one of my favourite actors, he doesn't often get involved with crap movies.

That's what they said about Kevin Costner before The Postman and Waterworld...

You could pretty much fill in the blank with that one.....Kevin Costner, Patrick Swayze with anything after Ghost, John Travolta in the 80's or most movies of his since Pulp fiction, anybody remember C. Thomas Howell? It can happen to any actor, including Leo.

Yeah,every actor has done bad movies,its all part of becoming a great actor.I am now seeing ,I lost count how many,even a couple of OSCAR winning actors,who now have had to resort to making BAD CHEAPLY MADE B MOVIES.I can see why kind of,i mean look at all the crap movies that are coming out today.They just dont make good movies like they used to.Im sure the economy has alot to do with it.Maybe its just how movies are nowadays...CRAP!BTW,I thought kevin kostner's Waterworld was pretty good!,I,ve seen ALOT worse.

Edited by Rik

BTW,I thought kevin kostner's Waterworld was pretty good!,I,ve seen ALOT worse.

Yah, I didn't think Waterworld or the Postman were that bad really. I think the problem was people expected something of the calliber of Dances With Wolves with his next movies, when they were just meant to be fun action films.

BTW, I thought Kevin Costner's Waterworld was pretty good! I've seen A LOT worse.

Yah, I didn't think Waterworld or the Postman were that bad really. I think the problem was people expected something of the calliber of Dances With Wolves with his next movies, when they were just meant to be fun action films.

I've seen Waterworld a few times over the years and I still don't understand why it's supposed to be so bad. I'd rather watch Waterworld than any of the newer Star Wars movies or the last two Matrix movies and so on. I'd have to see the Postman again to refresh my memory, but I don't remember poking my eyes out and vomiting after I watched it the first time.

BTW, I thought Kevin Costner's Waterworld was pretty good! I've seen A LOT worse.

I've seen Waterworld a few times over the years and I still don't understand why it's supposed to be so bad. I'd rather watch Waterworld than any of the newer Star Wars movies or the last two Matrix movies and so on. I'd have to see the Postman again to refresh my memory, but I don't remember poking my eyes out and vomiting after I watched it the first time.

How about Robin Hood? Overall the plot/direction/etc. wasn't bad, but Costner seemed like he couldn't act his way out of a wet paper bag -- no attempt to speak in anything other than his own modern American accent, little to no emotion conveyed, etc. There's even a line by Cary Elwes in Robin Hood: Men in Tights that pokes fun at Costner's apparent inability or unwillingness to do accents.

I will never ever,ever, see what women find so physically attractive about Leo DiCaprio,he looks like a friggin Werewolf,and Eddie Munster.

Edited by Rik

Ok WHEN the fuheck is the front page gonna be updated??

We've had this sitting at the top since JUNE ELEVENTH.

Surely something else of note has happened in that time....

Anyways.I'd like to see this movie when it comes out:)

Alot of guys like to scoff at Leo because he is a bit of a pretty boy with a gay ass name and so yeah we tend to diss on that:p

But the fact is he's GREAT!!

Ever seen This Boy's Life?

A lot of guys like to scoff at Leo because he is a bit of a pretty boy with a gay ass name and so yeah we tend to diss on that:p

But the fact is he's GREAT!!

Ever seen This Boy's Life?

A lot of actors are great. Some people think that Sandra Bullock is great. Why isn't she going to star as Nolan Bushnell? Maybe it's because she's all wrong for the part (just like DiCaprio).

Ok WHEN the fuheck is the front page gonna be updated??

Since it seems like only one guy does all of the work, from web site updates to selling games to doing those nerd conventions and more, we are lucky that anything gets done. Just be glad that the web site isn't all blowed up.

Only ONE guy??!!

I didn't know that!!

Well that's really impressive that such a big site could be done by just one person:D

And I agree Leo doesn't look like Nolan B at all....

And who thought TOPHER GRACE for the role of Eddie Brock???

Eh, I would have said Jamie Fox was the wrong guy to play Ray Charles until after I saw Ray. Regardless, how an actor looks is really not relevant at all to how well they can handle a role. Stop being hung up on cosmetics and wait for the damn movie.

Ahhh, but could Jamie Fox play Nolan Bushnell as well? ;)

I don't think the actor needs to look all that much like the original person. Availability, interest, and acting ability are more important. There was a TV movie something like 3 years ago with Tom Selleck playing General Eisenhower during planning for the D-Day invasion. He doesn't look anything like Eisenhower, but I didn't really care.

It's even less important with Bushnell because most people don't know what he looks like anyway.

I used to find DiCaprio annoying back in the days of Titanic, but I'm over it. I liked him in Aviator, and he seems to have a genuine interest in history.

I have doubts about this movie ever coming out though.

My biggest problem with DiCaprio is that he looks way to baby-faced to be taken seriously. Honestly, in Titanic, I thought he looked like Kate Winslet's younger brother! I'm positive that I'll still see the movie, but they could've picked a lot better actor.

Edited by dave4shmups

My biggest problem with DiCaprio is that he looks way too baby-faced to be taken seriously. Honestly, in Titanic, I thought he looked like Kate Winslet's younger brother! I'm positive that I'll still see the movie, but they could've picked a lot better actor.

Younger brother? More like a fetus that shot out from between her legs and managed to stay alive. I think DiCaprio also starred in an episode of That's My Bush! on Comedy Central:

post-13-1216849626.jpg

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=H55RT7I6

My biggest problem with DiCaprio is that he looks way too baby-faced to be taken seriously. Honestly, in Titanic, I thought he looked like Kate Winslet's younger brother! I'm positive that I'll still see the movie, but they could've picked a lot better actor.

Younger brother? More like a fetus that shot out from between her legs and managed to stay alive. I think DiCaprio also starred in an episode of That's My Bush! on Comedy Central:

post-13-1216849626.jpg

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=H55RT7I6

lol, true! But is definitely in the works-ie, have they started filming?

@AtariDude, I love your avatar-I miss our Mac Plus!

My biggest problem with DiCaprio is that he looks way to baby-faced to be taken seriously. Honestly, in Titanic, I thought he looked like Kate Winslet's younger brother! I'm positive that I'll still see the movie, but they could've picked a lot better actor.

He doesnt look so young now,hes put on weight,and looks like a werewolf,with his big eyebrows that touch in the middle.I've never liked him in ANY movie hes done actually.I dont think he put on weight for the role either hes been heavier, hairyer and uglier,for a while now,so yeah he'll portray Bushnell pretty well i gather :rolling:

Edited by Rik

• 2 weeks later...
There are a lot of worse actors out there. Some of DiCaprio's stuff is pretty good...just forget Titanic.

He is a good actor(The Departed, Blood Diamond) but somehow I just can't see him in this. I don't know who else to cast but I just don't see him in it. Doesn't matter, I'll definitely go see the movie anyway.

And we'll tap Matt Damon to play Al Alcorn, and Ben Affleck to play Steve Jobs and Albert to play Woz....oh oh, time for my pill.

Take two Asteroids and call me in the morning, friends!