IGNORED

What were your initials?

Krytol

• 4 weeks later...

I used REG or DMK .... They were both a reference from the cult film "Night of the Comet" .... great movie by the way. The main star of the film used REG .. short for Regina whenever she scored in Tempest. DMK was the initials she saw mixed in with her high score and she freaked out ... so i use it when I see a lot of one persons initals in a game ..

• Like 2

I used REG or DMK .... They were both a reference from the cult film "Night of the Comet" .... great movie by the way. The main star of the film used REG .. short for Regina whenever she scored in Tempest. DMK was the initials she saw mixed in with her high score and she freaked out ... so i use it when I see a lot of one persons initals in a game ..

That's pretty badass. The movie was slightly after my time at the arcades, but Tempest is my all time #1 favorite arcade game.

I used SRD, ym real initals most the time if it was a machine I played alot or it was a machine others played alot to make my mark for braging rights of course. Otherwise I'd just put something dumb like AAA,666,333,FUK,FUC,GOD,ect. :roll: , I know, but I was just being a dumb kid.

Edited by Shawn Sr.

When The Last Starfighter movie came out there was an arcade tie-in contest that if you scored above a certain score on the arcade game you got a Last Starfighter tee-shirt with the movie decal plastered on front. I plugged in quarter after quarter and was so exited when I beat the score needed I accidentally typed in a dirty (pre-teen) word. The teen working the arcade had to verify the score and initials. I tried to play cool, but he didn’t give a rats ASS. The shirt was a small so I gave it to my friend. The thing is, the arcade disappeared the next day. NO JOKE. Just a vacant shell. And there never was a Last Starfighter machine. freaky :o

http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?game_id=8394

[Edit] Spoke too soon.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=85087

Edited by slampam

• 9 years later...

When I was a kid, GED. Whimsical reference to Ursula K LeGuin.

Nowadays it's RST, from Rusty, my nickname in certain circles. Which is why I'm also a great fan of the "consecutive letters" input method, not the tedious go-back-to-A, which some (most?) games employ.

Yes I do think about such things sometimes. It's fun :)

Also fun to reminisce about some high score entry related stuff:

-arriving early at the arcade so some machines would be freshly rebooted and you'd have a chance at a "record", well, before the big boys came in and knocked it off at least (I was never any good)

-when eventually getting a hard-earned entry, a bully nudging you and spoiling the thing

-the damn timer running out and leaving a half finished one

-or, some ass taking forever filing in his, on those without a timer, knowing full well you have a credit in and are waiting for your turn

-sometimes an uber-cool "arcader" would get a high score, but not high enough for his standards and would simply walk away without signing in, leaving it for us little brats to fight over.

Heady days.

It's a scan from a 1982 videogame book "Invasion of the Space Invaders" by Martin Amis. The guy is actually a pretty famous author and wrote it when he was addicted to vids I guess icon_razz.gif

I owned a copy of that - I can even remember that particular piece of text.

Back in the day I used my initials DBK. I use DAV now. I enter AAA if it isn't a top score on my own machines.

Edited by davyK