IGNORED

Flashcart and Multicart List - All systems

(also I think the mythMD can function as a segacd backup ram cart directly right?).

Yes, there's an extra mbit of ram on it that works great for the Sega CD. The only problem is that it's battery backed, and if you want to be extra safe you have to hook it up to a PC and dump it. It would be nice if it would write to a .sav file on the SD card, but this is good enough.

Any updates on this project? I just started a new job so I can definitely afford to get one of these awesome genesis carts, but I'd pay extra to get one that had a nice case. Whenever I've tried dremmeling or using xacto knives, I just screw things up. Besides, I have no idea how to print out a nice label that would stick to the case (short of using tape :P). I can send in a cart to use as a donor cart too, since I got a bunch of games for free from a friend (so I'd probably use Beavis and butthead or pick up some el cheapo sports game). Let me know if you're still working on this :)

The primary organizer suffered a major flood a month or so ago, and I believe he's in the process of moving to another home. Also, I'm not sure if the label making or dremmel volunteers are still on board?

• 2 weeks later...
Any updates on this project? I just started a new job so I can definitely afford to get one of these awesome genesis carts, but I'd pay extra to get one that had a nice case. Whenever I've tried dremmeling or using xacto knives, I just screw things up. Besides, I have no idea how to print out a nice label that would stick to the case (short of using tape :P). I can send in a cart to use as a donor cart too, since I got a bunch of games for free from a friend (so I'd probably use Beavis and butthead or pick up some el cheapo sports game). Let me know if you're still working on this :)

The primary organizer suffered a major flood a month or so ago, and I believe he's in the process of moving to another home. Also, I'm not sure if the label making or dremmel volunteers are still on board?

Wow, sorry to hear that. I wonder if he was living in RI since we had a huge flood around that time. For an area that doesn't get much flooding it was a big surprise to everyone. Well, I can wait on the cart then, no big deal right now.

Edit: I see he is located in Philly so not RI, but it probably was the same storm I guess.

Edited by alaterale

• 1 month later...

everdrive_comingsoon.jpg

We are close to releasing the EverDrive for sale on StoneAgeGamer.com. There will be 3 versions:

• Just-the-Board (Cheapest)
    This just comes with the EverDrive board.
  • Do-It-Yourself Kit
    This version comes in a kit that you assemble and cut out yourself. It comes with a empty Sega Gensis cart shell with label cleanly removed, an EverDrive label that you can choose to stick on yourself if you'd like, a 4.5mm Gamebit and of course the EverDrive board.
  • Deluxe (Most Expensive)
    This version comes already assembled and with holes already cut out. It also comes with a 2GB SD card and a 4.5mm Gamebit.

We have not nailed down pricing completely yet. All will ship for free to the U.S. The prices will be a little bit more than buying from him directly, but you will receive them much quicker and without the hassle of using Western Union. They will ship directly from our facility in the U.S. We have a very limited to supply in this first batch, but will be ordering a much greater quantity if they sell well.

I will keep you guys updated as soon as we have them listed on the web site and when pricing as been nailed down.

that's good news stoneagegamer. I really want an everdrive but I had to pass on the last big group buy because even though reputable folks were involved, the whole payment process made me feel just a little too uncomfortable.

I think I'd even rather stuff the board myself, since that then makes it something 'I built.'

It's almost a shame hyperkin or yobo doesn't license the design and mass produce it though. Even start building it into systems.

Edited by Reaperman

that's good news stoneagegamer. I really want an everdrive but I had to pass on the last big group buy because even though reputable folks were involved, the whole payment process made me feel just a little too uncomfortable.

I think I'd even rather stuff the board myself, since that then makes it something 'I built.'

It's almost a shame hyperkin or yobo doesn't license the design and mass produce it though. Even start building it into systems.

I will say this. Igor (aka krik) is a good guy and shipped my boards quickly. He is also very quick to respond to e-mails. However, in general I would never suggest people send money to other countries via Western Union or Money Gram to people they do not know. It was hard for me to wire this much money and I would have had these in earlier, but I kept going back and forth on whether I should wire this much money. I was very nervous even though I knew of many people who had bought and received them before.

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

Has anyone heard of a SD cart for Amstrad CPC 6128 ? I just got one from a friend but the 3" floppy is dead. Would be great to use a 'flashcard' for this old computer (I never even had one of these, because my C64 meant so much to me).

Another thought: Why not create a Wikipedia page for old video games and computers flashcards systems ? As much as it is educating reading this post, It could be quicker to read one page just listing what exists than going through the now 11 pages of this thread.

Cheers,

Has anyone heard of a SD cart for Amstrad CPC 6128 ? I just got one from a friend but the 3" floppy is dead. Would be great to use a 'flashcard' for this old computer (I never even had one of these, because my C64 meant so much to me).

Didn't really research these...

Symbiface

HxC floppy emulator

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know if it is still possible to buy the the 8 Bit Classics Atari XL Arcade Classics Multicart now that 8 Bit Domain no longer exists?

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:vk7-k762Wz0J:www.8bitclassics.com/Atari/XL/Cartridges/Arcade-Classics-Multicart.html+atari+Arcade+Classics+Multicart&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk&client=firefox-a

Does anyone know if it is still possible to buy the the 8 Bit Classics Atari XL Arcade Classics Multicart now that 8 Bit Domain no longer exists?

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:vk7-k762Wz0J:www.8bitclassics.com/Atari/XL/Cartridges/Arcade-Classics-Multicart.html+atari+Arcade+Classics+Multicart&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk&client=firefox-a

I think that was just an Atarimax 8megabit cart with an image from his forums. You can still get the flash cart from Atarimax.com an ask him to flash an image on it for you. Some are posted on his forum.

Edited by Almost Rice

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sorry I have not been following everything and am trying to figure out, what is the advantage to getting the new SMS Everdrive? I mean does not the Original Everdrive work already with SMS roms? The site says most SEGA maser system games supported. Is the newer SMS Everdirve 100% compatible? Is there enough difference to bother getting both?

Sorry I have not been following everything and am trying to figure out, what is the advantage to getting the new SMS Everdrive? I mean does not the Original Everdrive work already with SMS roms? The site says most SEGA maser system games supported. Is the newer SMS Everdirve 100% compatible? Is there enough difference to bother getting both?

The EverDrive-MD can play SMS ROMS on Genesis hardware yes, but obviously can't play them on Master System hardware. So the basic advantage would be playing them on Master System hardware. This advantage is obviously subjective since the Genesis was designed to be backwards compatible with the Master System and thus why the EverDrive-MD can play SMS roms on the Genesis to begin with.

• Like 1

For me, the main reasons to get a Master Everdrive would be:

- getting to play SG-1000 games on real hardware (admittedly with an incorrect palette)

- getting to play SMS games that use SG-1000 graphics mode, which won't work on the Genesis

- and getting to play games that use 3D glasses or FM sound, which you can't do on the Genesis without a Power Base Converter or a complicated mod (respectively), though I don't have the glasses or the FM sound module yet

• Like 1

The original SMS console is compatible with SG-1000 games. The Non-Japan models simply had a different cartridge type that prevented the backwards compatibility, but obviously with a flast cart that's no issue. Actually you can start up SG-1000 rom on the EverDrive MD on a Genesis, but there's no video because the video mode was not present in the Genesis. Same reason a couple SMS games don't work on the Genesis.

Honestly SG-1000 is not the only major reason to get this cart over the MD/Genesis one. You can get a PBC for a Genesis for about the same as a SMS costs, and if you have the 3d adapter and original or replacement glasses, you can play nearly every SMS 3D game on the Genesis. But you'd need to buy the actual carts.

As for FM sound, if you have an expensive, hard to find Japanese SMS, you could do that with carts. Make note, this Master Everdrive will NOT work on a Japan SMS, that system used different cartridge pin configuration. You'd need one of those Tototek converters. The FM module has been sold by a chap in Australia, it's relatively inexpensive, but requires soldering.

Can you elaborate on that I would love to play SG1000 games 100%

Sure thing. The Sega Master System has a design flaw when operating in the TMS9918 mode used by the SG-1000, so that the color palette displayed doesn't match what it would be on an original SG-1000 -- the colors are mostly too dark and drab. Unfortunately there's absolutely no way around this, because the palette is effectively hardwired.

(I think some games were re-released to work better with the available colors; not sure which ones.)

As a result, there's no way to play SG-1000 games with the correct color palette on any Master System, whether it's Japanese or American. While the games are still 100% playable, some games look pretty terrible -- Bomb Jack is especially dim -- and in a couple games, it becomes a little bit hard to see certain things.

For those who want to play with the correct palette, here are the alternatives:

1) Buy a SG-1000 or a Dina 2-in-1.

2) Emulation.

3) Buy one of the ColecoVision ports. Since the CV hardware is almost identical to the SG-1000, the ports actually look more accurate than on Sega's own hardware! Only about 10% of the SG-1000 library has been ported to CV, though.

4) There's a way to set up a Game Gear flashcart with a custom palette for SG-1000 games. The Game Gear has a much bigger palette than the SMS and, perhaps surprisingly, it has support for TMS9918 graphics modes. I don't know if Krikzz's upcoming Game Gear flashcart will permit this, but the Tototek cart allegedly does.

Edited by thegoldenband

The original SMS console is compatible with SG-1000 games. The Non-Japan models simply had a different cartridge type that prevented the backwards compatibility

The non-Japan models also lock out SG-1000 games at the BIOS level, since AFAIK none of the SG-1000 games had the "TMR SEGA" header at $7FF0 which is required for a US/Euro SMS to boot a game. The Japanese systems didn't have this lockout, much in the same way that the Japanese Famicom didn't have the NES's lockout hardware.

Fortunately the Master Everdrive's bootloader bypasses this lockout.

Edited by thegoldenband