IGNORED

Flashcart and Multicart List - All systems

Dropped to 250 shipped each today only. Will go to ebay tomorrow

No offense, I'm sure they're totally worth it, but no way in hell would I spend that much on a cart that does 1 game at a time, and for a system that has so few good games I could probably get the ones I am interested in for a fraction of that price...

As far as I remember reading (cant be 100% sure though) those Skunkboards do not work with commercial games images either - only Homebrew games. The Jaguar Community still thinks their system is current, and therefore goes into one the second anyone suggests a proper flash cart which will support more than one game and also support commercial games. This has done more damage than good to the system in my opinion, and as a result I refuse to own a Jaguar, but I am not a big fan of the controller either.

As far as I remember reading (cant be 100% sure though) those Skunkboards do not work with commercial games images either - only Homebrew games.

Not so, they work with pretty much everything apart from BattleSphere and BattleSphere Gold, but you can write your stuff and lock them out very easily (not that anyone is stupid enough to want to).

The Jaguar Community still thinks their system is current, and therefore goes into one the second anyone suggests a proper flash cart which will support more than one game and also support commercial games. This has done more damage than good to the system in my opinion, and as a result I refuse to own a Jaguar, but I am not a big fan of the controller either.

It's not been like that for some considerable time. The Jaguar "Community" sulked off into obscurity by forming their own little private corner of the interwebs where they could mumble and grumble and eventually disappear up their own backsides leaving not much other than the odd tumbleweed passing through. The Jaguar Scene is alive and well and living at Atari Age and Jaguar Sector II. Very little drama, very little in the way of nonsense "piracy" arguments and circle jerking, just productive people making games, giving them away for free and having fun - just as it always should have been. Such a cart is only a matter of someone being bothered to go ahead with it, nothing more.

no way in hell would I spend that much on a cart that does 1 game at a time, and for a system that has so few good games I could probably get the ones I am interested in for a fraction of that price...

You should always buy good games :-) Skunk 2s can do 2 at a time, allow you to USB upload to the Jag's memory for homebrews and other stuff and are an essential development tool for anyone making Jaguar games. The price they go for reflects the demand from wannabe Jaguar coders and those interested in homebrew and not for people wanting to play Jaguar games without having to buy them. Recently some have sold for less than $200, but in the past they have also gone for $300.

• Like 2

Arcade:

Actually it was just updated with a couple new games a week or so ago. Since it's an arcade PCB I don't know that it really fits this thread though.

Mitch

Huh, I just checked and noticed that the AES Multigame isn't on the first page. This one, specifically:

http://www.neostore.com/Multigame-161-in-1-English-AES-p/21.htm

I've been thinking of getting one- does anyone here have any hands-on experience with one?

Honestly, for that price you can get yourself a basic CMVS and a multicart. For a little bit more, you can pick up a really nice CMVS, like the Omega.

no, actually donors are supposed to get an email that allows them to buy a prototype before anyone else, that was the perk of donating early... the site seems to indicate an email was sent if you look on the donor page, my donation was an early one as GameOvary.com

I tried using the email contact form but I have no idea if it went through, it comes up with a blank page after I sent it, no confirmation page

I haven't received the email either. I think they might be referring to the first email that we got. Yah, as Greg said, I think they have more alpha testing to do. In the forums, they showed a pic of it lighting up on May 3rd, and now this video. So for all we know yesterday may have been the first time it loaded a commercial game. We'll probably have to wait a bit longer.

Well, unfortunately engadget must have a lot of morons who lurk there.

Yep :) Actually it reminds me of this post I found when I was updating the list. Someone copied this list onto a random forum, and they just did not get it: http://supermensa.org/forums/showthread.php?5284-RETRO-GAMING-FLASH-CART-LIST

Coleco Adam:

Cassette WAV files: There are still many older computers which do not have (and probably never will have) multicart devices made for them. In some cases WAV files are available containing exact audio of cassette games which can be loaded using a PC by connecting to the PCs sound card. This is not always practical and there are some smaller MP3 players which support WAV files without converting them to MP3 or other compressed formats. One such device (which I have had success with) is the MPMAN MP101 with volume levels around 20 (this does vary from computer to computer) and also takes Micro-SD cards up to 16GB (possibly larger sizes too) - be wary that some portable audio MP3 devices may try and covert WAV files to MP3 or just not support the WAV format. If the computer has a integrated cassette unit or a special cassette unit with special connector then a Car Cassette Adaptor can be used to make this work. In most cases copying WAV files to audio CDs will NOT work as CDs contain error correction (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reed%E2%80%93Solomon_error_correction) which result in inacurate data being played and MP3 files, MiniDisc and other compressed formats are also unlikly to work because of this.

In most cases copying WAV files to audio CDs will NOT work as CDs contain error correction (https://en.wikipedia...rror_correction) which result in inacurate data being played and MP3 files, MiniDisc and other compressed formats are also unlikly to work because of this.

I'm told that the CoCo cassette port will handle MP3s just fine. (I stick with WAVs anyway, just in case.)

And speaking of the CoCo, I think DriveWire deserves an entry. I've been using it this weekend with Cloud9Tech's cable (and a DB-9 to USB adapter), and it generally works quite well. You can use it with a ROM pak or by CLOADMing the CoCo driver via a cassette cable; I do the latter, since it only takes a minute.

There are a few games that I haven't gotten to work except by copying them to floppy disk (which is a tiny bit tricky), and the documentation could be better (though a careful search of the CoCo mailing list will usually turn up solutions). But overall it's great, and the only cost is the cables you need.

Dragon 32, 64 and the CoCo 1, 2:

• Prototype: multi-load cart: There are several pre-production prototypes in existence which are out with testers. Hopefully at some point in the not too distant future the creator will finish the firmware and they'll go into proper production. Works with Dragon 32, 64 and the CoCo 1, 2 (Dos emulation not supported on the CoCo yet), also not tested on the CoCo 3.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If anyone comes across an ED64PLUS, make note that it's a Chinese clone, produced by re-engineering the Everdrive64 and STEALING the OS. This is completely unlicensed and if you support the work of Krikzz do not buy it!

In comparison it is just poorly made also, just not worth it, I have seen a few people who bought that then come to the Everdrive forums looking for "support" becuase they are having issues with it, features do not work as advertised etc.