IGNORED

Flashcart and Multicart List - All systems

Yep, works fine...

Doesn't yet support a Kickstart image, but I just built a cable that routes DS0 to either the internal floppy or the GOTEK with a little DPST switch. (Not my idea; a guy on EAB suggested it)

Works great.

I power up, insert a real floppy for the kickstart. When I get the 1.3 "Insert Disk" screen, I make sure the GOTEK is on the disk I want (or 000 for the menu) and flip the switch. The GOTEK takes over and loads..

I'm sure kickstart support will be added, so I won't have to do that, but it will be nice to be able to flip back to the floppy without major issues if I want to use a real floppy.

dseiv

Are you saying it won't boot a Kickstart floppy? Guess I didn't try that as I've installed the Gotek in one of My A500s (KS1.3)

I was thinking of starting a separate topic for the Cortex, it kicks ass :)

is this for real or april fools? I heard this guy was not sharing or anything unless we're talking about someone different...

I was wondering myself, looks like he's making a limited production run: http://dknute.livejournal.com/

On March 15, he posted "Decision has been made, there will be a short production run of GDEMU soon - as in, a few weeks. After that, when I can tell just how many people are actually going to pay for it, I will decide if I will continue or not. More details will follow once I get everything sorted out."

why the hell won't he take financial and technical help from those who have offered that have been doing this for years? <cough> stoneagegame</cough>

considering the labor and all that crap, he'd make more money than if he did it all himself, if you break it down into actual hours spent vs dollars coming in

Mark, if you read his fine print, he's going to "prioritize" the orders according how much effort for him to ship to. i.e. if you're elsewhere in the world, he may simply decline to sell it to you.

Though it works, he as of yet has no GUI. The DCIO guys are developing the device to work with an upcoming release of Dreamshell. IMO, GDEMU is not a complete enough project for me to buy at this time.

Edited by Greg2600

So I'm pulling the trigger on a Super Everdrive: is the 'multi region shell' something that will fit my North American SNES? Now that I have an empty Super Bases Loaded 2 shell, maybe I can just slap the Everdrive into that (just need to dremel in an SD slot?)...any ideas? I kinda figured getting a shell was part of the price...and do they ship with a sticker like on the website? Things I would like to know, but don't....yet. Thanks in advance!

Not surprisingly, the GDEMU pre order is sold out. I am not sore, since pre ordering things doesn't really work out in my experience. I am sure someone that gets one will just put it up for sale for way more than they paid for. I am not one of the types that has to be the first one to have a new device anyways. I take my time and let others work out all the bugs first, and wait until it is mass produced/offered in online stores.

I didn't realize the GDEMU was up for pre order yesterday, so I won't be receiving one either. Kind of a bummer, but I'd like to have a menu, so maybe waiting isn't such a bad idea.

It's a toss up as to whether or to jump at the first offering for a multicart. Sometimes you get in on a limited release and get screwed over if you wait (like the VB Multicart) but sometimes you get the 'beta' hardware that gets improved on later.

Tempest:

I hear ya on preorders. I was lucky when I ordered a Skunk board years ago, since they were such a limited production run. But something tells me that GDEMU (or future products like it) will be probably offered by online shops, like the Everdrive products. I know there have been a lot of us DC fans that have wanted a product like GDEMU for years, so I am optimistic about it being eventually produced in large quantities.