IGNORED

What's your rarest find in the wild?

shadow460

This came up in the "thrift finds" thread, actually. What's you rarest find, and how much did you pay? Did you keep it or trade it off?

Also, for those who have some of their original games, which game did you get back in the day that is now the rarest? What's the most valuable one from back then?

My rarest "in the wild" finds are some R5 and R6 games.

River Raid II in near mint condition for $1

Star Wars: The Arcade Game x2, each was $1, traded one for a Stargunner cart

Sears pic labels of Gunslinger ($4), Missile Command ($1), and Night Driver ($1)

My rarest game that I still have from the early '80s is Party Mix, purchased by my Dad through mail order. I don't know how much he paid. He also got the Official Frogger, but threw out the retail box. I purchased another box later, and that game is easily the most valuable of the "originals" I still have left. I also have a my original Phaser Patrol and the Supercharger it was packed with.

This came up in the "thrift finds" thread, actually. What's you rarest find, and how much did you pay? Did you keep it or trade it off?

Also, for those who have some of their original games, which game did you get back in the day that is now the rarest? What's the most valuable one from back then?

Sears pic labels of Gunslinger ($4), Missile Command ($1), and Night Driver ($1)

My rarest game that I still have from the early '80s is Party Mix, purchased by my Dad through mail order. I don't know how much he paid. He also got the Official Frogger, but threw out the retail box. I purchased another box later, and that game is easily the most valuable of the "originals" I still have left. I also have a my original Phaser Patrol and the Supercharger it was packed with.

$1 Vulture Attack T-Handle at the So Cal Swaps about 3 years ago. Sold it :(

Xante Cart (Trick Shot): $2.95

Qbert Qubes (x3) One cost me a PS2 GTA game, another just $3 or so.

Waterworld: $2

Tapper: $2

Spy Hunter: $2.50

River Raid 2: $1

Plenty of them. :)

Non Atari: A bag with PS1 console, and the following games: Final Fantasy VII, VIII, Tactics,, Chrono Cross, Parasite Eve: $20 :)

60 or so Lynx games with manuals: About $2 each

Dark Tower board game: Got at a Goodwill Auction for $2.50

It had everything, box, pegs, new bulb, etc. And I had a cart full of golf balls, toys, cars, etc.

I've had a lot of great deals in the past, most of the time I sold the items though.

Pitfall II is about as rare as I've found from thrift stores. However, I did acquire both River Raid II and Kung Fu Master plus a couple of other relatively rare titles from a church donation that the youth paster let me do swapsies on. I made sure they were well compensated.

Holy shit man you find a way to throw in about your super charger games just as fequent as homer does is atlantis 2. Talk about obsession\fixation.

Also, my rarest finds in the wild are a T-handle Spider Maze for 25 cents at a pawn shop and a Atari BMX Airmaster for something like 2 dollars I think I bought it for. I once got a copy of Crazy Climber at the Sally for 50 cents a couple years ago also but it's not near as cool a find as the BMX or Spider Maze.

Edited by Shawn Sr.

My rarest find was a year or so ago, ran across a complete in box River Patrol, in great shape to boot. It was part of a large lot of boxed 2600/Colecovision/Vic20 games, paid just over a buck for it. Original (excited!) post is here.

kept it, now the centerpiece of my (mostly) unboxed 2600 collection.

Edited by bones

Bounty Bob Strikes Back for the 5200, in 1997 at the Raynham Flea Market ("scratch the itch!") in Raynham, MA. There was a guy who sold 2600 carts for $3 and 5200 carts for $5 "because they're bigger." I used to buy pretty much anything I didn't have, as this was before I really was on r.g.v.c. or the web and had no idea about rarity or anything. I don't think many people did back then. It took at least a year or two before I realized what a deal it was --especially since I talked the guy down to $3 for each cart, regardless of system. I bought a bunch that day--had a copy of Zone Ranger in there as well.

I once got a copy of Crazy Climber at the Sally for 50 cents a couple years ago

Results 1 - 10 of about 8,110,000 for sally canada.

Sally Beauty Holdings, Inc. - Sally Beauty Supply Canada

Sally Canada Storefront In 2004, www.sallybeautyholdings.com/holdings/sallyCanada.asp - 7k -

:ponder: i would have never thought of looking there! :D

Rick

Bounty Bob Strikes Back for the 5200, in 1997 at the Raynham Flea Market ("scratch the itch!") in Raynham, MA. There was a guy who sold 2600 carts for $3 and 5200 carts for $5 "because they're bigger." I used to buy pretty much anything I didn't have, as this was before I really was on r.g.v.c. or the web and had no idea about rarity or anything. I don't think many people did back then. It took at least a year or two before I realized what a deal it was --especially since I talked the guy down to $3 for each cart, regardless of system. I bought a bunch that day--had a copy of Zone Ranger in there as well.
Do you still live in the area?

That flea market is still alive and well... I got to it regularly but have yet to score any deals such as yours. One of the best flea markets out there for sure. I've gotten lots of deals on other great stuff there, just not any cool Atari stuff... yet.

SCRATCH THE ITCH! :)

http://www.raynhamflea.com/

Edited by tremoloman2006

I got Tomarc the Barbarian not once but TWICE from the same location on different occasions. $1 each. I kept one, sold the other. I complete a vast majority of my R2 up through 7 at the same location as well. Unfortunately after that the well dried up, but it was a good run while it lasted.

I snagged Chase the Chuckwagon for $.95 at the local Community Thrift store on Babcock Blvd. over in the North Hills area. It's been years since I went there but they usually had cool stuff there in addition to Atari and Intellivision games like Commodore computers and such.

Lochjaw 40 cents

Rabbit Transit proto $1 in a large lot with other rare stuff but no other protos

I Want My Mommy complete $2 (had to throw in a more memorable boxed score, since I have so few of those)

Intellivision test cartridge (no label) ($1?)

NES test cartridge $4

etc...

I found Road Runner and Xenophobe for the 2600 at the local flea some months ago. I'm not certain exactly how much they came up to on account that I bought them along with a bunch of other items from the same seller. They couldn't have been more that $2 or $3 though. At that same flea market but from a different vendor I purchased the Xonox Double Ender cart, Artillery Duel/Spike's Peak in a box with a bunch of other carts and a very dirty vader 2600 for $15.

and it still costs only a buck to get in! love it.

i have many happy happy memories from there and definitely some great buys, not just video game stuff. my sweet AR speakers came from there!

Do you still live in the area?

That flea market is still alive and well... I got to it regularly but have yet to score any deals such as yours. One of the best flea markets out there for sure. I've gotten lots of deals on other great stuff there, just not any cool Atari stuff... yet.

SCRATCH THE ITCH! :)

http://www.raynhamflea.com/