IGNORED

PSP & DS Question

psonefan

Minimum PSP battery life is 3 hours. That's a Slim clocked to max speed running a game like Grand Theft Auto from the UMD, or playing a movie from UMD with the screen at maximum brightness, playing over the WLAN, and running the stock battery.

Max battery life would be that same Slim running an Extended Life Battery while playing music with the screen off and the CPU set to the lowest speed. I'd have to guess on this one, though, and I'd say you'll get 14 to 20 hours.

A phat PSP is going to get anywhere from four to seven hours on a single charge. Slim will average about five hours under "normal" use.

My advice is to get a spare battery and a standalone charger. The battery charger will work faster than you can run batteries down anyway, and keep you gaming constantly.

PSP slim really burns up those batteries, 3-4 hours at best especially if running wi-fi or over clocking

DS Lite, I get between 8 and 10 hours on a charge

Edited by mimo

The PSP can get around 12-15 hours of battery life....assuming you don't use the drive at all. With the drive, it drops seriously, and I'm talking MAX 8 hours, and I useually see closer to 5...So I keep a spare battery on the charger (apparently the new batterys don't have as much troubl ewith memeory as old ones did)

The DS, gets around 12-15 hours, some games seem to use more power (probably 3D processing, or maybe touch screen, or the ohter crap, don't know)

Also, the DS holds a charge. I don't know what the hell the PSP is doing, but If I leave it sitting for a week, chances are, it won't start without charging first...maybe it's damaged though, but the DS never has that problem.

Also, the DS holds a charge. I don't know what the hell the PSP is doing, but If I leave it sitting for a week, chances are, it won't start without charging first...maybe it's damaged though, but the DS never has that problem.

Good to hear - I have the same issue with a PSP not keeping a charge... thought there was something wrong with mine.

DS seems to be always ready to go. My kids never shut their's off - just close it and sometimes leave it for several days and then just pick it up and start playing again...

My PSP if it sits for very long needs to be recharged too.

I probably get about ~5-6 hours battery life with the original model PSP with a stock battery. That's with playing games on the brightest settings, wifi off, and using dim when playing music and immediately turning the backlight off after selecting each song (My PSP never leaves the house, I use it to play music when I'm laying down in bed as much as I do to play games).

My original DS seems to go at least twice as long between charges.

Did some thinking about this one. Do you guys leave a disc in the PSP? I've noticed that if a disc is in the drive, Slim's battery life drops whether or not you actually access the disc at all. I think the drive is doing something. I leave the drive empty almost all the time, since if it's doing something, it's also wearing itself out slowly. I wanna save it for a rainy day instead, and maybe extend my battery life.

Also, you guys aren't just putting the PSP into sleep mode, are you? Sleep mode + drive loaded could = periodic UMD access, and that would be where your battery life is going.

I assume these same things apply to the WLAN (which you can just switch off), the flash drive, and maybe the IR port on a phat. Nothing besides the WLAN and the UMD is going to eat up much power, though, so the other devices might not kill the battery before the next time that particular PSP is used.

Did some thinking about this one. Do you guys leave a disc in the PSP? I've noticed that if a disc is in the drive, Slim's battery life drops whether or not you actually access the disc at all. I think the drive is doing something. I leave the drive empty almost all the time, since if it's doing something, it's also wearing itself out slowly. I wanna save it for a rainy day instead, and maybe extend my battery life.

I've noticed the same thing. I stopped using UMDs and my battery life improved a ton.

mmm I play a lot of lumines (specially when I'm sitting in the thinking chair) it has good battery life, but again, all I do its play lumines. If I left the PSP sitting around for some time,the battery goes dead tho.