IGNORED

Vidco Copy Cart Duplicator? Prices

crazytoy

Boxed and complete with manual, warranty and Dishaster, it's worth a lot.

Given that the Dishaster cart is NTSC (and the cart shell is molded the right way ;)) that is. Since the posters IP traces to New Jersey, there is a good chance it is.

I have one sealed and paid almost $400 for it....probably the best deal I have ever gotten. I believe a complete one will cost over $1000 now.....depending on the collector(s) that want to go for it.

I have one sealed and paid almost $400 for it....probably the best deal I have ever gotten. I believe a complete one will cost over $1000 now.....depending on the collector(s) that want to go for it.

@wonder007 $400 for a sealed copycart is a very good price. :cool:

i have listed that in 2005 a boxed copycart was sold on ebay for $510 in the US.

wasn't there another one last year on ebay? i think so.

have paid much more less for mine(boxed). :cool:

i also have a loose one, don't know how much it is worth. maybe i can sell it.

The Vidco units are quite rare. The Yoko units, not so much. Homevision units, not so much too, but probably less common than the Yoko units. Unimex units, in my experience are less common than Homevision units.

Assuming rarity=prices I'd expect: Vidco>>Unimex>Homevision>Yoko.

The Vidco units are quite rare. The Yoko units, not so much. Homevision units, not so much too, but probably less common than the Yoko units. Unimex units, in my experience are less common than Homevision units.

Are you talking about the cardboxed (Repro Game Kit) or plastic boxed (Repro Cart) Home Vision one?

There's quite a difference in rarity between those two.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

Are you talking about the cardboxed (Repro Game Kit) or plastic boxed (Repro Cart) Home Vision one?

8)

If you are talking about packaging for the Homevision Copy Cart unit, you're over my head. I don't think I know the difference. Lame North American I am. The Homevision copy carts themselves are relatively easy to find compared to some others. All Copy Carts and units are rare and valuable, as a general statement.

ian

that's an incorrect assumption to make my friend, but you get to the correct conclusion. Vidco copycarts are far more valuable than the others more so because they are considered to be 'NTSC', whereas all the others have only been found in PAL countries and are therefore not as valuable because they are not sought after by US collectors. Also, I have seen far fewer Homevision copy devices (rather than the cart) than Vidco copy devices, but again, because they were released in Europe only, they do not command the same high prices.

I have two boxed Vidcos (one with I want my Mommy and the otehr with Dishaster) and I paid a huge difference between them, primarily because one was sold in the US and the other in Europe.

that's an incorrect assumption to make my friend, but you get to the correct conclusion. Vidco copycarts are far more valuable than the others more so because they are considered to be 'NTSC', whereas all the others have only been found in PAL countries and are therefore not as valuable because they are not sought after by US collectors. Also, I have seen far fewer Homevision copy devices (rather than the cart) than Vidco copy devices, but again, because they were released in Europe only, they do not command the same high prices.

I have two boxed Vidcos (one with I want my Mommy and the otehr with Dishaster) and I paid a huge difference between them, primarily because one was sold in the US and the other in Europe.

I sort of agree, I have a CIB Homevision cart, but I don't have the CIB copier. I have all other ones CIB.

Are your Zimag carts properly branded, out of curiosity? :)

BTW, the rarest of all copiers (the E-Pro 2000), has not been mentioned yet. :cool: Which I missed out on, because I didn't have enough cash on me at CGE. :x

epro_2001.jpg

Are your Zimag carts properly branded, out of curiosity? :)

I don't know. They were both sold to me as "sealed". The Dishaster was sealed, and its remained that way, but the I Want My Mommy had a slit in the shrinkwrap so it could be opened. when I opened it there was no Zimag cart in it. I presumed that the game was copied onto the cart by the manufacturer rather than being included in the package, even though there was a spot in the styrofoam for an additional cart.

8)

The Repro Game Kit is a complete copier kit, the Repro Carts are extra copy carts for the Repro Game Kit. For both, new-old-stock was discovered in Germany 3 or 4 years ago. The number of Repro Game Kits that was found was smaller than the number of Repro Carts, of which quite a few are floating around German (and other) eBay(s).

Cheers,

Marco

Marco,

Does the Vidco come with an actual Zimag cart or is it burned onto the copy cart?

Thanks

8)

The Repro Game Kit is a complete copier kit, the Repro Carts are extra copy carts for the Repro Game Kit. For both, new-old-stock was discovered in Germany 3 or 4 years ago. The number of Repro Game Kits that was found was smaller than the number of Repro Carts, of which quite a few are floating around German (and other) eBay(s).

Cheers,

Marco

Marco,

Does the Vidco come with an actual Zimag cart or is it burned onto the copy cart?

Thanks

My CIB NTSC Vidco set came with a properly branded Dishaster, those who have one, know what I am talking about.

Marco,

Thanks

My CIB NTSC Vidco set came with a properly branded Dishaster, those who have one, know what I am talking about.

Out of curiosity, did you get one of the stash of shrinkwrapped ones discovered a number of years ago? I presume that's where mine came from (got it from Erik)

Marco,

Thanks

What about I Want My Mommy? Marco?

Marco,

Thanks

Out of curiosity, did you get one of the stash of shrinkwrapped ones discovered a number of years ago? I presume that's where mine came from (got it from Erik)

No, I don't think so, mine wasn't sealed.

What about I Want My Mommy? Marco?
This still puzzles me.

Is the Vidco Copy Cart that comes bundled with I Want my Mommy PAL or NTSC?

Is I Want my Mommy pre-burned on the Copy Cart or is it included as a seperate labeled ZiMAG cart?

Dino, does your I Want My Mommy version have a sticker on the box?

I'm still looking for some good scans of the Vidco box, btw.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter