IGNORED

Odd behavior with SNES Super Scope

Hi all

Finally decided to fire up the ol' Super Scope after having it in hibernation for the better part of 8 years. I found some odd behavior, though. It did work. When I fired to start the game, it would start. It would let me test my aim, but wouldn't let me calibrate the aim. This behavior was the same on two seperate games, which leads me to think it's either the gun itself or my environment. What's going on?

Pertinent facts:

*I used freshly-charged NiMH batteries

*games tested were Super Scope 6 and Metal Clash

*Gun worked fine when it was put into storage, was bought brand-new by me back in 1994

*I now use a 37" LCD tv, but I didn't think that mattered since, unlike the Zapper, the SS is a transmitter, not a reciever.

HELP! :ponder:

*I now use a 37" LCD tv, but I didn't think that mattered since, unlike the Zapper, the SS is a transmitter, not a reciever.

I don't believe that any of the "light gun" type accessories will work with LCD or Plasma TVs. These accessories used the beam of a CRT tube to determine what the gun was pointing at. Because LCD and Plasma TVs don't use a scanning beam they won't work.

I don't believe that any of the "light gun" type accessories will work with LCD or Plasma TVs. These accessories used the beam of a CRT tube to determine what the gun was pointing at. Because LCD and Plasma TVs don't use a scanning beam they won't work.

Except that isn't the case here. The SS had a seperate IR sensor, and transmitted an IR beam. The TV didn't do much of anything.

Edit: I'm wrong http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Scope

Edited by godslabrat

Yeah, I'm afraid you'll have to take it to a regular tube TV... the Super Scope detects light from a CRT much like the Zapper -- the only purpose the sensor box serves is for wireless implementation of the Scope.

I think I'm gonna go dig mine out.............

Edited by DrLove0378