IGNORED

Lynx Encryption?

cdoty

I still do not understand what happens after the blocks have been decrypted and placed in memory. There is probably some jsr calls from the rom. Or perhaps a jmp to some address in ram. If Harrys code call stuff in rom then it may have something more in it than just the math.

There is a simple jmp $200 in the ROM after decryption.

In the loader, from what I saw (and I think the loader I grabbed out of the enctest.c program was truncated-ah, yes it was since it contained the blank section between $296 and $2FF), there are two calls to the ROM, a call to $FE00 to setup the cart block to read, and another to $FE4A which I don't know what this does... it appears to be within the main lynx ROM code and may be within the decryption code itself (i don't understand this code and I didn't try to work it out.)

post-2472-125722823997_thumb.jpg

post-2472-125722867031_thumb.jpg

Edited by Shawn Jefferson

...(and I think the loader I grabbed out of the enctest.c program was truncated-ah, yes it was since it contained the blank section between $296 and $2FF)...

I explained earlier in the thread that the HarrysPlaintextLoader definition in the enctest.c file is trucated. I discovered that when I figured out the block count framing bytes in the decryption process. I also then posted the full plaintext decryption of Harry's Loader. Make sure you are using that one.

--Wookie

Edited by Wookie

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...