IGNORED

Synapse artist Tim Boxell - FOUND!

Bryan

First of all, Tim - thanks very much for taking the time to chat with us - I know I speak for many people here when I say how much your artwork is appreciated!

Further to that, please put my name down for any future publication of the "Synapse" art work - posters, books, or even quality scans!

I've noticed that Synapse cropped your pictures quite a bit when creating the boxed version of the software. As can be seen from comparing the box and card versions of the pictures, the right hand side of the image often seems to lose out. Quite often resulting in the removal of your signature.

This of course begs the question; What else got cropped off? On that note, I'd really like to know what the Blue Max 2001 image looks like WITHOUT THE BIG UGLY YELLOW STICKER!

post-11281-1218578347_thumb.jpgpost-11281-1218578362_thumb.jpgpost-11281-1218578376_thumb.jpgpost-11281-1218578387_thumb.jpg

Hi,

Love to get the paintings/prints out to those of you who are interested.

There's another cover that was actually my favorite, but that hasn't ever been seen because the game was never finished.

"Reptilian" is pretty weird and cool, I think. I also liked a few of the color ad paintings that ran in Antic and other mags of the time.

A couple of the covers I did were included in an expensive CGI illustrated book called "Machine Phase: Booby Trap" printed by Ballistic Press. We have a sequel graphic novel coming together very slowly, something I co-wrote and laid out (114 pages in pencil...).

Boxell

Thanks Tim for finding us, I like many others are from the time when those games were fresh on the shelf, you would walk into your Atari Dealer or see the adverts in the magazines and those images instantly lifted the spirits of great the game was going to be.

Excellent times, excellent artwork....

Ah, to see that Chicken poster on the wall..

Thanks again...

Wow. I'm mostly a long-time lurker here, but when I saw the thread headline, I jumped on it.

Mr. Boxell,

I'm another Atari 800 old-timer, having obsessed over most of those Synapse games back in the early 80s, and I just wanted to say, for whatever it's worth to you:

I always noticed and enjoyed your artwork, and I've known your name since I was a kid.

I'm glad that you're still around, and that this stuff still matters to you.

Best wishes to you.

Andy

Edited by andylama

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 7 years later...
  • 3 years later...