IGNORED

What's the Worst Game You Have Ever Played?

Cosmic Carnage on the 32X. Glitchy, slowdown, pixelated non-fun mess of a fighter. Worst game in my memory.

I hated those Sega CD FMV games too. Seeing actors yell at me when I made a wrong decision was the worst feeling I ever got from a game. I think Supreme Warrior was the worst one. Could not find the strategy (or the fun) in that one. (I did enjoy Prize Fighter and Tomcat Alley however).

Haha someone listed Halo as the worst game they've ever played!!??

I'm going to guess they've only played about 5 games their entire life.

Too funny.

I wouldn't say Halo was the worst game I ever played but I didn't think it was anything special either. It's one of those games that other people seem to love and I find to be mediocre at best. And I've played WAY more than 5 games in life. Different people like different things, that's life.

I'm not sure what the absolute worst game I've played is. It's probably Karate on the VCS. Kiss Psycho Circus is definitely up there too though. There's an unplayable racing game on Sega CD I can't think of the name of that's a contender too. i was shocked something could be worse than Sewer Shark and Night Trap but this one was the absolute worst on the Sega CD I have played.

Edited by joeybastard

The worst game I've ever played is Super Mario Brothers 2. I never had it as a kid, just 1 & 3, so in my mid/late teenage years when my interest in older games developed I picked up a copy of SMB2. I popped it in, expecting some flat out, goombah stompin', princess rescuin' action, and instead I was throwing friggin turnups at a giant mouse. worst. game. ever.

Rocket Ranger for the NES. It's one of those games that's designed to be impossible to win without cheating, and it's not really much fun playing in the first place. Play control is terrible, hit detection is a matter of faith. It's an exercise in cruelty.

Every time I see these threads, I'm surprised that I'm always the first one to mention Sea Hunt for the 2600. I mean an average game last less than 2 seconds. You jump out of your boat...then you die. That's quality.

For the NES, I can't really single one out as the worst ever, I can say 1942 is probably really bad since the sound will make your ear drums explode, turn the sound off though and it's fine.

Kung Food for the Lynx is pretty bad.

But all in all..i say Tetris. I hate that game, always have.

There's a nice handful that I can say about a couple systems, mainly the usuals for the 2600 (Sans ET, I actually enjoy the game). The game I hate the most is Halo 2, only because of an ex girlfriend. Yelling into the mic for over 8 hours straight, sounding like a 12 year old, yeah... I can't stand that game.

The worst game I have ever played, has to be Karate for the 2600. At least the other bad games are somewhat playable. This is completely unplayable.

I didn't like X-Men for the NES, either. What a shit fest!!!

Another game that would have been decent if it wasn't damn near impossible to get anywhere is Silver Surfer for the NES.

I liked Cosmic Carnage for the 32X.........but sometimes I like crap. :) Like Time Killers on the Genesis.

Rodger Clemens baseball on NES is pretty bad as baseball games go. I remember the only way you could really get a hit is if you swung the bat the same time the pitcher threw the ball, there was literally no time to do anything, and then when the ball was hit to the outfield, the camera angle was from like behind, so you'd throw from center field to first and the ball would magically warp to first...what the crap. Funny stuff.

Also, Robocop for the NES, what a let down when you expect it to be like the arcade version.

And I challenge anybody to find a game worse than Sea Hunt. Is there a game that you go from start to dead quicker?

Edited by Atari5200

I don't know I've ever played Sea Hunt. Have to emu it sometime soon. I actually found many 2600 games to be crappy and no fun beyond the first couple minutes. For example, Donkey Kong 2600 - it was so one-dimensional and unlike the coin-op. No great visuals or sounds, and if you even nick a barrel you're dead. No fun to me.

I gotta give the 5200 some action here -- James Bond 007. Surely the worst game on the system, followed closely by Congo Ugly Bongo. But CB ugly as it was, was still more fun than James Bond 007.

Some other stinkers I remember ... Mortal Kombat Sega CD -- it was the load times that killed it. Play for 5 seconds, load for 10 seconds. And Pitfall 3D on the Playstation. Ech. No fun at all, and certainly not "Pitfall".

And I challenge anybody to find a game worse than Sea Hunt. Is there a game that you go from start to dead quicker?

Sea Hunt sucks but it's not that hard to time the shark and actually get in the water/swim around. Once you get it, it still sucks but there's some minute level of play there. I'd say it's in the top 5 worst games at least. In Karate on the VCS, I still can't tell if at any point I'm controlling anything on screen. I press the button, move the joystick around, switch joysticks, flip every switch and nothing seems affected on screen. The terribly designed figures move but it doesn't seem to be in concert with the controller.

The three stooges - NES

You didn't like The Three Stooges?? Why I oughta! ;)

Seriously, the worst game I've ever played? I'd have to say Castlequest. I mean, you've got this little guy who runs around with a knife for a sword trying to kill the monsters and navigate through a castle. First off, why the hell is he wearing pink clothes? Second, when he dies, he just sits down and waves his arms around? Third, the gameplay is just overall awful. But worst of all, WHAT the hell is up with the background music?!

As I once wrote in a review for it:

High Points

You don't have to play it.

Low Points

Unfortunately, I did!

Edited by LarcenTyler

Morocco GP for the TRS-80 Color Computer.

I didn't own a lot of games for it and I talked my parents into buying me a couple.

I always thought the Co Co had some of the best "Knock-Off" games and titles to go with them. lol

Ie. http://nitros9.lcurtisboyle.com/questforthelda.html

Yup, it's low profile in the mainstream game community meant that people rarely got sued for copyright infringement.

Yup, it's low profile in the mainstream game community meant that people rarely got sued for copyright infringement.

The ads were funny too. I remember seeing one in Rainbow Magazine that said, "we've got a new strategy game based upon a popular arcade title. We can't tell you the name of that game, but it sounds like "Art Ganoyed". Same issue had an add for "Warrior King" (Rastan rip off) and a number of others.

Some of the CoCo's knock-off titles were terrific. I loved CoCo Max III and Max 10 even though they were total rips of MacPaint and MacWrite. Awesomely done products.

SwordQuest Earthworld 2600 what a lesson in futility. Oh wait did I say Earthworld I meant Fireworld.

oh, yeah, how could i forget this one. this game made me want to kill. but i only payed 2 bucks for it, so... and star raiders drove me nuts, too. and as for my dislike of ff7, i can't stand drawn out dramatic cutscreens. i did always like the cut screens in ninja gaiden, though.

I wouldn't say Halo was the worst game I ever played but I didn't think it was anything special either. It's one of those games that other people seem to love and I find to be mediocre at best. And I've played WAY more than 5 games in life. Different people like different things, that's life.

Oh I understand completely. But here's the thing. The threads topic isn't what game you felt most disappointed in or what's the game you felt was the most mediocre. This threads title was " What's the worst game you have ever played.

If you answer Halo, or a Final Fantasy game to a question like this, what you like and don't like has nothing to do with it. You simply haven't played many games.

AD&D Heroes of the Lance for the NES It had the worst play control of any game I've ever played, it was almost impossible to execute even a basic attack or a proper jump

Another real bad one was Shaq Fu. Along with one of the worst stories in video game history about Shaq being transported to some mysterious land, it was a poorly made fighter with bad play control and horrible graphics.

Agreed on all counts with those two.